My phone was stolen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omgroll

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My phone was stolen so I had to suspend my account.
If the schools call me they would hear that "this number is not in service".
Would they still send me an email? What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I would e-mail them individually and let them know of the number change (if you have a new number to be reached at). It might be a real pain if you applied to a ton of schools, but at least they will know. I'm assuming that they will still send e-mails too.

If you or anyone you know has a spare old phone and you have a provider that uses a SIM card, just get a new SIM (in the past they've been free when I told the associate my phone was stolen). Do it by the weekend and you'll be ready to go for next week with the same phone #.

Members don't see this ad :)
Call the schools and update your number. I think that is the safest and best thing to do, to make sure you don't miss anything.

Assuming they probably will email you or send an acceptance packet anyways, but better to be safe than sorry.

(If I lost my phone/my phone was stolen, pretty sure I would be sobbing in a corner.. Haha.)

Thanks you guys.
/predentalgirl: I know. I lost my purse in Hawaii two days ago and my phone, sunglasses, etc were in there so I am def crying in the corner. :(