My prayers are with those in AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angel_Eyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope that no one on this website was directly affected by the shootings today at the University of Arizona Nursing school. For those of you who don't know... a nursing student by the name of Robert Flores was apparently upset after not fairing well in his classes and went on a shooting rampage in the school, he then shot himself. A total of 4 people are dead, including 2 professors and a bystandard. Thankfully, God was with a dear friend of mine who did not attend classes today.

I just wanted to send out my prayers to those of you in Tucson and to those of you who might have friends and loved ones in the area.

God Bless.

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, I was affected by yesterday's tragedy. I was one of Cheryl McGaffic's students from a year back. I was involved in the Death and Dying course that she was so fond of teaching. She was incredible! Each week there was a guest speaker on different aspects of death (i.e. suicide, murder, etc.). They agreed to speak with the class only because Cheryl was so much help for each of them in their times of trial.

Normally, you don't really get too personal with many professors, but based on the type of class this was, she shared a lot of her personal side as well as we did with her. All in all, she was a wonderful person, and I hope her and the other families suffering greatly right now know the love and respect that their students had for them.

God Bless!

I'm sorry for your loss. From what I've heard she was a really great lady, as were the other professors.