Apr 4, 2010
Searcy, Arkansas
Status
Pre-Medical
Howdie Everyone!

I need some quick advice. I am majoring in mathematics because I love math. Should I stick with my major or change into a science major like biology or chemistry? I love math! I love science too, but more on math.

Help!

Thanks a bunch!

Jasgop

NerdyAndrea

Pre-Med Student
Feb 10, 2010
At my school
Status
Pre-Medical
Stick with you Mathematics degree and maybe minor in Biology or Biochemistry if you can. That would be your best bet. Or jsut get your degree then ake your pre-reqs after, but do something you love and if that's mathematics, wonderful, go for it!

A

Ischemic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Stay with math cause if you don't get into med school chances are you're more desirable in all the "mathy" fields of accounting etc in the business world.

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'll second that and add physics. Everyone goes Keanu Reeves on you when you tell them you did something that involves numbers. Doctors and math don't get along too well, it seems.

amine2086

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2009
Hola!
Status
Medical Student
Howdie Everyone!

I need some quick advice. I am majoring in mathematics because I love math. Should I stick with my major or change into a science major like biology or chemistry? I love math! I love science too, but more on math.

Help!

Thanks a bunch!

Jasgop
Stay with what you love and have a GPA to show for it. Take the pre-med requirements not covered by your major on the side.

D

da8s0859q

Stick with the major you love. You're more likely to end up with a high GPA that way. Adcomms don't care what your major is, as long as you get the prerequisites in.
This, as much because you love it as because of what Catalystik just said. You'll be happier, and so will your transcript.

Dec 29, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm an anthropology major and I spend a lot of time explaining to others how I can possibly be a pre-med without a major in chemistry or biology lol