My PS is bad and I’m feeling overwhelmed about it. I

ma2

2+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2017
I don’t need more readers at this point. I had 4 people read it (2 friends, 2 people on reddit), and the consensus was that it needs a lot of work. I don’t reflect enough, the narrative style is off or non-existent, I don’t really convince anyone why I should be a doctor/justify why medicine is the only career for me. Those sound like the perfect criticisms, because they are, but figuring out how to fix it is stressful.

To make matters worse, I’m applying to MD/PhD programs, and I feel those essays are even worse and less convincing.

I’m not sure what I’m looking for here, I just feel extremely low about it. Right now, everything feels overwhelming and beyond my control. I was an English minor, which I thought would save me, but actually academic analysis and PS writing are very different in terms of structure. But it still just makes me feel bad, because I “should” be able to do this successfully.

AND on top of that, I have a LOR writer who wants to read my essays ASAP, so it’s even more mortifying that my weak-butt essays are gonna be read by my PI.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.