My Roller Coaster Ride to a Residency (Optometry)

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Opii

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the November 1999 issue of "New O.D."? I am looking for an article written by James E. Winnick, O.D. titled, "My Roller Coaster Ride to a Residency." It talks about which Residencies to stay away from, mostly VAs in the Northeast, but I would like to know more details. Does anyone know the author and his email address? Sure Appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the November 1999 issue of "New O.D."? I am looking for an article written by James E. Winnick, O.D. titled, "My Roller Coaster Ride to a Residency." It talks about which Residencies to stay away from, mostly VAs in the Northeast, but I would like to know more details. Does anyone know the author and his email address? Sure Appreciate it.

I would recommend buying something more updated. Things may have changed since.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, thanks anyway

Another question, does anyone know how to apply to residencies without having to apply through ORMs? It seems ORMs has no control over the schools' bartering of students despite the rules ORMs has not to do so.

Why don't you just get a job?

Another question, does anyone know how to apply to residencies without having to apply through ORMs? It seems ORMs has no control over the schools' bartering of students despite the rules ORMs has not to do so.

To be honest, I believe the ones that are fully accredited are on ORMS. There are a whole bunch of non-fully accredited programs that are nationally recognized. For example Jules Stein Eye Institute of UCLA Medical school for advanced contact lens however it isn't on ORMS but everyone in So cal and beyond knows about it. Those bypass ORMS. I would try asking one of those admin people in your school and see if they have a list of those programs and contact them personally. However, isn't the deadline over already to apply for this year?

Yes, deadline is up, but maybe next year. Thanks.

PM me if you still want a copy. I have years worth of old optometry magazines. ORMs registration has been long over though.

Thanks for the offer but I already got hold of the copy.