1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

my score jumped 20->26 in 5 days -- Fluke??

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Shahzzy, May 15, 2007.

1. Shahzzy

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think this is a fluke, I wish it wasn't, but I need some opinions. I took my diagonostics in aug and got a 16. I took my first full length in Feb and got a 20. I started studying for the July 15 MCAT begining may 7. In a week I took 2 mcats and my scores were 22 and 26.
    Tests: PS, VR, BS

test 1:::7,7,6 = 20
    test 2 ::: 8,7,7 = 22
    test 3::: 9,8,9 = 26

Think I can read 32ish by July 15??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I dunno about a fluke or not, but save some exams after youve done some serious book prep. Then see what your scores are like leading up to the exam.

4. quiksilver87

10+ Year Member

definitely an improvement....keep pulling through...dont stop untill you get that 45!

5. mongrel

mongrel Assoc. Prof. Dogsuit
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't think its a fluke. It's pretty normal to make big improvements on your first few tests. Why do you think the test prep services offer those crazy point-jump guarantees? Once your test scores get near 30 the increases start to slow down (big time :eek:). But ALAS, it sounds like whatever you're doing is working awesome for you! Keep it up!

6. MDee

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't think its a fluke. I had similar jumps when I took the first few practice tests (a total of 8 point jump from diagnostic to the fourth exam I had taken).

7. HristosKaran

HristosKaran Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No I don't think its a fluke, I had one exam where I went fro 23 to a 31...an 8 point increase :eek: I just hope I can repeat my verbal score from that exam on the real one...if you have been putting in a lot of study time..then its not abnormal to see that big of a jump. Some people fail to realize how much of the MCAT is actually content based and not just purely critical thinking (at least in bio and somewhat physical).

There are other factors that come into play such as a good nights rest, etc that can affect your score as well. Anyways, keep up the good work!

8. MSTPbound

MSTPbound student
    Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I agree with the above posts that suggest it's probably not a fluke. But don't worry... your next three practice exams will confirm it for you. :D

Good :luck: !

-MSTPbound