My Scores, to retake or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dng785

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
rc-19
qr-17
pat-18
chem-20
ochem-21
bio-20
ts-20
aa-19

I have a 3.69 gpa overall and 3.58 science. My dream school is ucsf.

Members don't see this ad.

NOT, your scores are okay. I would say, apply, and if you dont get in the first cycle, then RECONSIDER taking the DAT again.

BUT FOR NOW, CELEBRATE, cause you did well enough to apply and hope for the best with a reasonable expectation!

Congratulations.

Last edited:
NO retake...

Similar to my scores. Like dental works said apply to around 15 schools...

Choose some of your dream schools and then research to see which schools match your statistics and your desires. Choosing the right schools are important...Just do your research:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
rc-19
qr-17
pat-18
chem-20
ochem-21
bio-20
ts-20
aa-19

I have a 3.69 gpa overall and 3.58 science. My dream school is ucsf.

Dream schools like "UCSF" require great packages/resumes/scores. Yes, the scores could use some improvement (FOR UCSF), but your gpa/dat is good enough to get you in somewhere else.

I would apply to at least 15 or so schools. You will get in somewhere, but the dream school is a toss-up.

a score of 19 is OK when you apply early. and by early i mean have everything submitted within days of the cycle opening. that is even more important than having a 21, i promise you. even applying as late as the end of june puts you at an ENORMOUS disadvantage.
whether you apply to 15 schools or 3, if you apply late nothing will matter. only those with a 22+ can afford to apply late.