my second scores went down..what do i do now???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acl3623

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do schools generally look at your best score or your latest? i went down on my score from ok(25) to bad(23). it sucks. im applying to both md and do schools. and ive gotten one interview and several screened secondaries. i just dont know where i stand anymore..i dont want to waste the little money i have on sending 20+ secondaries when my second score killed so bad...help please!!!!

oh yea, is there any way i can keep schools from seeing this second score..im digging anywhere here!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Dear acl3623,

Unfortunately, as in every case it seems, this decision is different for each medical school. One way to check on this is to go to www.princetonreview.com and do a search for the medical school. Or just call the schools, because they are usually pretty straightforward about this issue. Finally, it is too late to have your scores blocked or anything like that, but don't give up hope!!!!

Remember, you're a rockstar

Rza

As some other users so callously point out, I have been recommending that people in such a situation consider the DO route. You potentially wouldn't have to waste any more time and money, and what real sacrifice does it require?

It's always wise to consider all options at your disposal before proceeding with a course of action. Osteopaths are doctors - they do the same job. The schooling is the same. And you could potentially save a year and a lot of money/time in doing the process over again.

Just food for thought...

Members don't see this ad :)
I not exactly in the same boat as you but I got 25 in april and same exact score in August. VR messed me up twice with a 6.

I have applied to 23 MD schools and am in the process in applying to DO schools. Where did you get secondaries from and the interviews? Thanks

UseUrHeadFred said:
As some other users so callously point out, I have been recommending that people in such a situation consider the DO route. You potentially wouldn't have to waste any more time and money, and what real sacrifice does it require?

It's always wise to consider all options at your disposal before proceeding with a course of action. Osteopaths are doctors - they do the same job. The schooling is the same. And you could potentially save a year and a lot of money/time in doing the process over again.

Just food for thought...

acl3623 said:
do schools generally look at your best score or your latest? i went down on my score from ok(25) to bad(23). it sucks. im applying to both md and do schools. and ive gotten one interview and several screened secondaries. i just dont know where i stand anymore..i dont want to waste the little money i have on sending 20+ secondaries when my second score killed so bad...help please!!!!

oh yea, is there any way i can keep schools from seeing this second score..im digging anywhere here!!!

I'm in the same boat...went from 26 to 23. I'd be curious to know where you got an interview! it's too late to pull out now, so I'm just waiting and praying!

just finished watching the sox...damn this is just not my week!! ok, i got my interview from westernU/COMP (DO) for the curious . as some had suggested, i am already applying to do schools. i personally have no problem with the degree, i see it as another way for me to get into med school...yea money is an issue but the plastic is always calling my name so here it goes:

Emory
Meharry
NYMC
Keck
Washington in St. Louis
St.Louis SOM
Thomas Jefferson
BU
Tufts
Creighton
CWRU
Drew/UCLA
Tulane
EVMS

im still submitting all of my other DO secondaries, most of them were screened so im banking on them just taking my app even with my second score. there's 11 of them.

so pretty much im just wondering which schools are even worth sending the $ to. im pretty sure Drew was screened...so ill defenitely send that one. other than that im just getting over this stupid test. oh yea to give you a better idea of the rest of my app...GPA is 3.6 and 3.5 BCPM, i am a hispanic woman, came to the US four years ago on my own... and have tons of volunteer overseas as well as in the states...lets see what else...and i worked all through college, two part time jobs. i dont know, whatever help you guys can give me would be great!!! going back to sportscenter now...

acl3623 said:
Washington in St. Louis
BU

I would reconsider these two. Wash U is a known numbers *****. They're hard to get into with a "lowly" 34. Their average MCAT is 36.2!!!

BU has a reputation for stealing cash. They'll cash your check and reject you the next day.

So does anyone know if schools really look more at your higher score, regardless of which one (first, second) it is?

yea, BU is a money *****..but i have to submit theirs cause i met the dean of admissions there while visiting boston, maybe theres a chance in hell that he'll remember me.

morgan, i think im going to call schools tomorrow...if i dont get lazy. ill let you know if i find out anything ;)

awww acl3623, you rock! thanks, feel free to PM me. I may be inspired to do the same...I'll let you know ;) :thumbup: