MY STORY IN INDIA....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yea..i head about incidents like that too...but by doing i feel like they are looking for fame and popularity,
but are not realizing thats not why they are in this profession,a doctor means a person who is trained and licensed to treat sick and injured people
dedicate their lives for service,even though they take money its ok but being a doctor no one should use the word service to poor as an advantage..i want to do service by organizing camps and work with people because doing that is what makes me feel my life is meaningful,and i feel satisfied that i have done something in my life...yea for fame and popularity using the poor thats absolutely wrong..

Members don't see this ad.

Strategy to increase opd numbers of their clinic or hospital
And to have a name by having pictures of the camp published in local media
I do believe that there are some genuine docs but one bad can shadow all good

Hi, you seem to be well experienced with medicine in India? I just wanted to ask a couple questions as I may want to someday work/live in india as a doctor. What do you think is the best way to get involved as a doctor with genuine organizations that will help the needy? How about working in charity hospitals/trust hospitals? Are there any good NGOs that hire doctors (Doctors Without Borders/Medicins sans Fronteirs maybe)?

Also, i would just like to ask more about the process of becoming licensed in India. I've heard that MCI has stated that degrees from countries like the US and UK are recognized. Would this mean there is an exemption for medical graduates from these countries to not have to take the FMGE and internship? Do you need to be an Indian citizen to register and become licensed with the MCI, or is it okay to be OCI (overseas citizen of India)? Do most doctors from the US get registered with the MCI when they go back to India to work, or is that not really done?

Thank you.

yes..i think if u have that doctorate degree,there are many organizations in india that are waiting for qualified doctors help,for example i know some organizations like MAKE A DIFFERNCE,it empowers children living in orphanages and street
shelters to discover their true strengths and unleash their full potential. They are a movement of young people taking ownership of
the institutionalized children in our community.As i said about INDIAN SOCIAL SERVICE ORGANIZATION,i am part of that organization as a volunteer,all these organizations need help from doctors There is no need to find a best way to get involved as a doctor with genuine organizations that will help the needy,these organizations will come look for you,they need doctors help..
My plan is not working under charity hospitals or anything,i want to start my own organization,but since you have asked are they going to hire doctors,m sure they will if you are highly qualified doctor,of course if you did your entire course in america you are most likely to get hired.i am sure there wont be any problems like that.and about FMGE and internship as of right now i haven't researched about that because i have 5 more years time for that to get involved with,after i get my medical degree i ll find information about that process..and as i said about hiring doctors m sure there are many organizations.there is no need to worry about that issue at all..In my case i wanted to start of my own organization,rather than looking for some one to hire me!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i want to know this process ....if any one knows about this pls reply

Also, i would just like to ask more about the process of becoming licensed in India. I've heard that MCI has stated that degrees from countries like the US and UK are recognized. Would this mean there is an exemption for medical graduates from these countries to not have to take the FMGE and internship? Do you need to be an Indian citizen to register and become licensed with the MCI, or is it okay to be OCI (overseas citizen of India)? Do most doctors from the US get registered with the MCI when they go back to India to work, or is that not really done?

But i was thinking by the time we graduate from medical school and think about internships and all in next 5 years....m sure many rules will change..so i wouldn't worry about it right now..

Hi! You have great story and what you stated about your goal is really cool. I have read your post with interest and would like to make some suggestions with regard to pursuing your goal. First of all, if you are going to take the FGME, which I gather is a tough exam, I suggest you try to take up the one year internship that follows your passing that exam at Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India.

▶ 12:10
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmtjXSmPxbE

You can follow that up with other related videos available on the world-wide web. Internship will be a big drain on your time, essentially so that you are well equipped to handle future responsibilities, hopefully, but it will give you tremendous opportunity to lock horns with the kind of realities you already are challenged with. While that would be true in a professional sense at any centre dealing with a heavy patient load, you probably will also get a chance to contemplate on the weightier matters, especially if you get a chance to interact with people who share a similar dream with you. Further, you could opt for a visit to the Christian Fellowship Hospital at Oddanchattram, near Dindigul (Madurai), Tamilnadu, if you manage to take a break. Hopefully that will combine your professional advancement with getting your bearings right as 'social-service' is your ultimate goal. Do you have an interest in community medicine that is successfully being practised in India? If so, CMC Vellore is a good starting point, although it is not the only place where it is being practised that way. If on the other hand, your interest is clinical medicine, or for that matter any other medical field, the whole wide world of avenues is open for consideration if you choose a place like Vellore. I must admit that I was impressed by your maturity, considering that, naturally, any one at your level of training would be other-wise minded.