My suicide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steiner19er

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I am always hearing stupid **** about how dentists kill themselves I thought that I would make some money off of this. Since I will be graduating IU dental school in May 2006, I thought it would be fun to see how long after I graduate to swallow a **** load of pills. So vote here!!!.

But to really make your money count send $20 to: steiner19er 1060 West Addison, Chicago, IL 60613. I will have this money put into a trust fund, and it will be dispersed amoungst the winners (evenly split of course).

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry if I sound offensive, but I don't think its funny nor appropriate to post a thread about this. I don't find this amusing at all. Sorry if I offended you, but thats my opinion.

Damn, things aren't looking good for my future. On the plus side, my loans will disappear at my death.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to the April Maxim (always a reliable source), I have a 1 in 47.2 chance of this happening. (pg 126)

My mom thought that this post was funny. But she was disppointed that more people haven't voted or posted their thoughts. So for my moms sake, post. :D

I think it's funny. I applaude you.

This myth has been around for a while. I haven't had the time or inclination to bother to look into it any furthre, but I do recall seeing some information that refuted this pretty well. For some reason this type of stuff has a way of taking on a life of its own. Lots of people out there will take stuff like this at face value without questioning it. They tend to perpetuate it.

More power to you.

sorry, but I won't put any of my money towards this. :D I think it looks like you have a good head on your shoulders so it would be wasted effort.

I've heard dentists have the highest rate of suicides. Lawyers are the second highest. I dont see why it could be. You have good interaction with your community. You have a life and make your own schedule, unlike medical doctors that are constantly on call. Dentistry is a lucrative career. I guess if I were to attribute suicides to anything, it would be looking down at mouths all day. Maybe looking down into mouths all day somehow has an effect on your psyche and behavior. However, just because there is a correlation between dentists and suicides, that doesnt necessarily explain causation.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by steiner19er:
•My mom thought that this post was funny. But she was disppointed that more people haven't voted or posted their thoughts. So for my moms sake, post. :D •••••I think this post is funny, but even funnier... that your mom reads SDN!! That's so cool! Welcome steiner's Mom!

i checked my mailbox this morning. As of yet, noone has sent me $20. I guess you are all afraid to lose the $20, and since a majority think that I will Die naturally, i get to keep the money (or at least my children will).