My surgery went well. I lived :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radian313

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friends

Few weeks ago I came to write about my medical illness in me requiring open heart surgery. It was a very tough few weeks.

I am happy to report my surgery went very well, although very long 10-11 hours, it was done. Its been a tough year for me so far. For those following , Ive been through quite a bit. From my having my fiancé leave me citing my health concerns and medical schooling to being on medical leave. Its been tough.

In the end, I am alive. 5 days since my surgery and I am typing this. The doctors are quite amazed at my progress but said they are not surprised since my attitude was very good to begin with. Met a lot of allied healthcare professionals along the way and one thing that hit me was this

""You know, you came to us with with a broken heart. We happen to fix it for you. At one point, part of the process we had to stop your heart. But when it came to it, we told it to beat and it was up again. It did. It began to beat, so you know what, your heart wants to beat, it wants to live. So for what its worth, go on and live, your heart want to live on and you should go ahead with your life and find that person willing to hold your heart and live for them. You have earned it, if not for anyone, atleast for your heart".

Its national DO week, and it feels so good to be discharged during this week as a way to hopefully launch back into groove of things.

Thanks again for all your well wishes and prayers.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 40 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so happy to hear this. Glad it went well.

Reactions: 1 user
Very glad to hear this! Do you have any more procedures upcoming?

That's great! Best of luck to you finishing medical school.

congrats.. it gives the term 'what doensn't kill you, makes you stronger!' hopefully that will power you for the years ahead.

congrats.. it gives the term 'what doensn't kill you, makes you stronger!' hopefully that will power you for the years ahead.

Well lets put it this way, my surgeon told me, often times they wait and may have to use epinephrine to restart the heart. He said your heart didnt require a massage nor any meds. It was ready to go and live on the second we warmed you up, so do your heart a favor and live your life, it didnt let you down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users