My sympathy for applicants who got rejected or waitlisted...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lamborghini1315

Sleep deprived
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sincerely know how that feels, and i hope everyone of you guyies finally make it to your respective school of choice. It sucks sometimes a lot of kids who are waitlisted have stats better than kids who have been accepted, the med school process is just a crapshoot..you have to wonder if med schools just pick your names out of the hat?:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I sincerely know how that feels, and i hope everyone of you guyies finally make it to your respective school of choice. It sucks sometimes a lot of kids who are waitlisted have stats better than kids who have been accepted, the med school process is just a crapshoot..you have to wonder if med schools just pick your names out of the hat?:rolleyes:

Hello, I would tend to disagree. I have found the application process equitable. To the lads who are re-applicants, good luck next year. We'll be looking forward to your success. :)

Hello, I would tend to disagree. I have found the application process equitable. To the lads who are re-applicants, good luck next year. We'll be looking forward to your success. :)

Shouldn't be "to the lads and ladies" (or lassies or whatever the h*ll term for a female goes along with lad....? :rolleyes:

Riker, Riker, will you ever learn...? :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to think Dr. I and DKM had something personal against you, but I truly think you have no social skills at all! I am sure any person would agree that the app. process is not the most soothing thing to go through in life, and sometiems people get in who should not - but have fun at P.C.O.M. Riker as you have clearly shown this to be an equitable process.

I have to agree. Riker... that was a statement a total "tool" would make

I guess you made it through the crapshoot?

I used to think Dr. I and DKM had something personal against you, but I truly think you have no social skills at all! I am sure any person would agree that the app. process is not the most soothing thing to go through in life, and sometiems people get in who should not - but have fun at P.C.O.M. Riker as you have clearly shown this to be an equitable process.

I wasn't trying to be snobbish. I've found that people getting into medical school truly deserve it and those who don't get in, don't deserve it. This seems to be the case ninety percent of the time. Allopathic rejects like me can complain about unfairness too but in the end, it's only as good as a man's qualifications are that determines whether he's accepted. If the re-applicants improve their applications, I am sure they will be accepted next year!

I wasn't trying to be snobbish. I've found that people getting into medical school truly deserve it and those who don't get in, don't deserve it. This seems to be the case ninety percent of the time. Allopathic rejects like me can complain about unfairness too but in the end, it's only as good as a man's qualifications are that determines whether he's accepted. If the re-applicants improve their applications, I am sure they will be accepted next year!
you once again prove to us that your heart is the size of a walnut. Some people pour their heart and soul into getting into med school - some are cut out for it and some are not. The OP was simply offering his sympathy to those not chosen - a decision that changes peoples lives. This particular forum was not meant to give advice or constructive criticism.

i can count quite number of ppl who got in but were not well qualified as others, who were put on waitlist...

i can count quite number of ppl who got in but were not well qualified as others, who were put on waitlist...

Agreed. A lot of the application process has to do with timing and a number of other factors that have little to do with their ability to become a physician. I can think of several people from SDN alone that probably should not be going into medicine and many other qualified people who would make wonderful doctors who were not so lucky this year. So, I totally understand what Lamborghini1315 was trying to express. And to those who were not so fortunate, don't give up on your dreams and best of luck to you!!!!:luck: :luck: :love:

Did you happen to mention that in your P.C.O.M. interview....?:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. A lot of the application process has to do with timing and a number of other factors that have little to do with their ability to become a physician. I can think of several people from SDN alone that probably should not be going into medicine and many other qualified people who would make wonderful doctors who were not so lucky this year. So, I totally understand what Lamborghini1315 was trying to express. And to those who were not so fortunate, don't give up on your dreams and best of luck to you!!!!:luck: :luck: :love:

you probably don't deserve to be at DCOM?

you probably don't deserve to be at DCOM?

:rolleyes: Yea, my application had absolutely nothing to do with it. I was just the first person to apply and they got scared and thought that they weren't going to get anymore applications. So, they panicked and accepted me. And, then they got 2500 other applications, interviewed about 500 other people, and gave spots to 150 of them....umm...I mean 149. I took up someone's spot.:smuggrin: ;)

I'm going to ask that users stay on topic on the OP and do not revert to personal attacks against members. Thanks.

But he makes it so easy...

Personal attacks are not acceptable on our moderated forums, if you have a problem with a post hit the report post button, if you wish to argue a topic here that is what the forums are in part for so feel free but DO NOT cross the line into personl attacks. I feel that pre-do has become a lot less friendly lately and I do not like it. Play nice and stay on topic

I think you guys are being to hard on RIKER.

I know I know no one is supposed to stick for him....but he didnt really say anything that bad this time...

Personal attacks are not acceptable on our moderated forums, if you have a problem with a post hit the report post button, if you wish to argue a topic here that is what the forums are in part for so feel free but DO NOT cross the line into personl attacks. I feel that pre-do has become a lot less friendly lately and I do not like it. Play nice and stay on topic

Wait, so they ARE ACCEPTABLE in the lounge? Really? Hmmm....:idea:

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:smuggrin:

Seriously, is that true?

Yeah, good luck everyone!! Keep your heads up, and if being a doctor is what you want, don't let anyone get in your way. Keep trying, make your app. stronger, and apply EARLY!! Yeah, I also agree that medical school acceptances are sometimes strange, however, I am glad that people with high stats don't always get in (hell, 1/2 of us would not get in if that were the case b/c I was told my 3.6 was low). But anyway, just b/c u have high stats doesn't mean you HAVE what it takes to be a great doctor. It just means you can take a test well and spit back out information. Of course you can't be a dummy, but being a doctor takes MORE than that. A person I know had a 39 MCAT and 4.0 gpa, applied TWICE (2 app. cycles) and DID NOT GET IN. Why? B/c even though he had great stats, he was an ass. The end.