MY team SUCKS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kbrown

chicken
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so sad. I am jayhawk fan...and my team sucks. who the hell can't make lay-ups and misses dunks. hats off to ucla.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought that you were going to go off on a near end month rant about how your off service month team sucked donkeys. Glad to hear that you are just pissed off about a single basketball game and did not have to go through a month long haze.

so sad. I am jayhawk fan...and my team sucks. who the hell can't make lay-ups and misses dunks. hats off to ucla.
At least your team scored in the last 7 minutes of your ballgame. Would have been nice to have another jump shot win at the buzzer like '82... Oh well, at least this means some of the freshmen might actually stay.... Go Heels... Gahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yesterday was a SAD day for me. I would have never believed that the Heels would have gone 1 for 23 to end the game. What makes things even worse is that we'll probably lose our freshman power forward and maybe our freshman point guard to the NBA. Such is life when you recruit that kind of talent I suppose.

I blame a lot of it on Roy Williams. Guy can recruit, but he sure as hell can't coach in game worth a crap. Definitely a huge choke, and makes me ALMOST feel bad for Heel fans. ALMOST.

Well at least your team MADE it to A tournament! My Hawkeyes didn't even make the NIT! Good Ridance Alford, hopefully New Mexico has better luck with him than we did!

Rock Chalk, my friend.

And I also thought you were going to rant about a miserable wards/ICU experience, which would then let me rant about a similarly miserable ICU team I was stuck on.

But since we're not going there...

Rock Chalk.

I blame a lot of it on Roy Williams. Guy can recruit, but he sure as hell can't coach in game worth a crap. Definitely a huge choke, and makes me ALMOST feel bad for Heel fans. ALMOST.

No offense, but Roy is a pretty darn good coach. He definitely made mistakes in that game (not calling time outs when needed, not stressing pounding the ball inside more in the second half, etc), but it came down to UNC going ice cold from the field to end the game. Just a few more baskets and that game was over. There was alot of poor shot selection by our freshman guards and way too many 3 point shots when we were up midway in the second half, which I put mostly on the players (although Roy could have stressed better shot selection more I suppose).

Plenty of blame to go around for everyone, but Roy can coach and hasn't won almost 80% of his games on his player's talent alone.

Roy Williams is a great coach. I'd love to have him at the U! He's not the one out there shooting, you have to blame the players for that loss.

Roy Williams is a great coach. I'd love to have him at the U! He's not the one out there shooting, you have to blame the players for that loss.

I definitely think he has to shoulder some of the blame, especially for not calling time-outs when it was obvious that his team was in real trouble and not stressing better shot selection. But everyone makes mistakes and he's not immune from them, but I'm thrilled he's our coach.

Roy should give back those dimes to his mama for that choke job.

I keed, I keed.

At least you all get to complain about your teams. My team was the last undefeated team in the nation, and all that got them was the NIT (which they have made it to the "final 4" of that tourney), and if they win, they'll be 66th.

No offense, but Roy is a pretty darn good coach. He definitely made mistakes in that game (not calling time outs when needed, not stressing pounding the ball inside more in the second half, etc), but it came down to UNC going ice cold from the field to end the game. Just a few more baskets and that game was over. There was alot of poor shot selection by our freshman guards and way too many 3 point shots when we were up midway in the second half, which I put mostly on the players (although Roy could have stressed better shot selection more I suppose).

Plenty of blame to go around for everyone, but Roy can coach and hasn't won almost 80% of his games on his player's talent alone.

As someone VERY familiar with William's style of coaching (KU fan), I can attest to his amazing ability to recruit and develop talent...HOWEVER, many times in his storied career he has fallen short by poor coaching decisions (not calling timeouts, benching his starting five to prove a point then letting the scrubs lose the game, not knowing how to coach his teams to play a pace other than run and gun.) He is an outstanding coach in many regards, but historically his teams always lose for the same reason. He did it at KU and he's doing it at UNC.

Roy's not a bad coach. the players just didn't get things done. (ala kansas basketball) he has already won a championship with unc. didn't dean only have 2?

on not calling timeouts... it's just a style. much like that of phil jackson, whom many consider one of the better coaches ever. i know, phil coaches nba teams/runs triangle/had mj, but i'm just stating not every coach forces paternalism down their player's throats for better or worse :confused:

He did it at KU and he's doing it at UNC.

He's already done something at UNC that he never did at KU.... win a national champoinship.

It is my feeling that the Big XII will always be weak. Even when KU is hot, they are hot against relatively poor teams in the nation so their rank is distorted. In my parents' lifetime, the only time a current Big XII team has won the tournament was when 2 Big XII's were in the final, which I've been told had the lowest TV rating of all time.

The problem is that kids just don't want to go there for basketball. Somehow the non-UK SEC has gotten out of the football shadow recently, but it remains to be seen how well they can continue to do so.

I went to K-State, and the 'Cats finished ahead of Texas Tech in the Big XII stands and blew them out of the Big XII tourney. Maybe if Huggins had a more Knight-like reputation, we'd have been given a fair shake.

It is my feeling that the Big XII will always be weak. Even when KU is hot, they are hot against relatively poor teams in the nation so their rank is distorted. In my parents' lifetime, the only time a current Big XII team has won the tournament was when 2 Big XII's were in the final, which I've been told had the lowest TV rating of all time.

The problem is that kids just don't want to go there for basketball. Somehow the non-UK SEC has gotten out of the football shadow recently, but it remains to be seen how well they can continue to do so.

I went to K-State, and the 'Cats finished ahead of Texas Tech in the Big XII stands and blew them out of the Big XII tourney. Maybe if Huggins had a more Knight-like reputation, we'd have been given a fair shake.

i agree big 12 b-ball is not too great.

as for k-state, they didn't have a big win. sure they played kansas close, but they couldn't win. nor did they beat texas. they just beat up on the terribleness that was the other big12 north teams. oh and that loss to a terrible osu team was bad as well. tech did beat texas and a&m, hands down the class of the south. they had big wins, which the committee likes. next year does look bright for the cats with the returning players and new recruites. huggy bear is looking to turn that program around quickly.

you're right on about knight. unfortunately, the big12 gets on their knees for this guy, and he intimidates refs.:thumbdown:

How 'bout them gators?

if you aren't a gator, you're gator bait!:D :D :D

i agree big 12 b-ball is not too great.

as for k-state, they didn't have a big win. sure they played kansas close, but they couldn't win. nor did they beat texas. they just beat up on the terribleness that was the other big12 north teams. oh and that loss to a terrible osu team was bad as well. tech did beat texas and a&m, hands down the class of the south. they had big wins, which the committee likes. next year does look bright for the cats with the returning players and new recruites. huggy bear is looking to turn that program around quickly.

you're right on about knight. unfortunately, the big12 gets on their knees for this guy, and he intimidates refs.:thumbdown:

OUMD, your boys need to bring back Billy Tubbs! That guy was awesome. :D (Am I showing my age here?)

Rumors are circulating that Huggins may already be eyeballing other work (Arkansas?). I didn't expect them to be able to keep him if he showed any success.

Too bad--I heard some talk radio guys tossing K-State around as a top 20 team next year if he stays.

Edit: We can forget about Arkansas. He's already resigned to go to West Virginia.

OUMD, your boys need to bring back Billy Tubbs! That guy was awesome. :D (Am I showing my age here?)

i think they took the triple digit option off of the scoreboard at the LNC. :(

huggins and gillespie gone :eek: