My thought about INBDE, you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D M D

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I decided to take INBDE instead of taking two parts. My reasons are

1. It’s more practical. The reason why they rebuilt this exam is to be more useful to the future dentists.
2. Time and cost. Taking one test takes less time and less money.
3. .. what about you?

I also would like to hear about your plan how to prepare INBDE. Right now, I am studying basic sciences (like part 1), just reviewing a big picture, not details, using First Aids. And planning on studying part 2 next month.

What is your plan?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey, I am using INBDEprep.com and my friends who used and took the test said it was accurate representation of the test. Other than that I am using Mosby, Dentin and my school bought BoardVitals for us. I use it cuz its free, but BoardVitals is not good, there are almost no patient boxes so i kind of just use it as a review like flashcards lol. So if you wanna buy something i suggest inbdeprep.com its 29/mo and 69/yr. I bought yearly. They add 25 new questions a month so I think its worth it.

Hey, I am using INBDEprep.com and my friends who used and took the test said it was accurate representation of the test. Other than that I am using Mosby, Dentin and my school bought BoardVitals for us. I use it cuz its free, but BoardVitals is not good, there are almost no patient boxes so i kind of just use it as a review like flashcards lol. So if you wanna buy something i suggest inbdeprep.com its 29/mo and 69/yr. I bought yearly. They add 25 new questions a month so I think its worth it.

The site says “200+ questions.” Therefore, it is unlikely to have more than 300 questions. Site also says that it will add 100 over the next year. Therefore, it may have up to 400 questions next year.

That is 100
less than the INBDE itself. It is highly unlikely the current 300 or so questions are representative of the INBDE in breadth and depth.

I didn’t see any information on the qualifications of the exam writers. However, I may have missed it.

It seems like a cash grab at this point and it may be worth while to wait before investing in this site.

Is there a particular reason you feel this site is worthwhile?

Members don't see this ad :)
The site says “200+ questions.” Therefore, it is unlikely to have more than 300 questions. Site also says that it will add 100 over the next year. Therefore, it may have up to 400 questions next year.

That is 100
less than the INBDE itself. It is highly unlikely the current 300 or so questions are representative of the INBDE in breadth and depth.

I didn’t see any information on the qualifications of the exam writers. However, I may have missed it.

It seems like a cash grab at this point and it may be worth while to wait before investing in this site.

Is there a particular reason you feel this site is worthwhile?
Hey I got it and they seem to represent the exam well. With similarity to the JCNDE questions. Also I think they will add more than 100 bc they sent an email and said they were adding 25/month and they did.
I emailed them at [email protected] to ask questions first and they said that the questions are made my dental students, residents and dentists and that the question accepted have had contact with a real INBDE exam maker to discuss the format and ensure it’s an accurate representation.
I’m taking it next year and they seemed Like they would continuously be adding questions and continuously making sure the represent the exam, so I was sold. To me I didn’t mind paying 69 for the year bc if this. It’s also the cheapest one out there hahaha
I know it’s new but the person seemed to really just want to make a good resource instead of recycling old material like other sites. I’m happy with it so far, other sites I have tried seem like they are just recycling old material. ‍♀️

Hello,
I decided to take INBDE instead of taking two parts. My reasons are

1. It’s more practical. The reason why they rebuilt this exam is to be more useful to the future dentists.
2. Time and cost. Taking one test takes less time and less money.
3. .. what about you?

I also would like to hear about your plan how to prepare INBDE. Right now, I am studying basic sciences (like part 1), just reviewing a big picture, not details, using First Aids. And planning on studying part 2 next month.

What is your plan?
How many months are you giving yourself to prep for inbde ? I will be starting now and planning to appear for the exam in feb 2021. Also what study material are you using ?