MY UW Test performance is inconsistent! Can anyone relate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have 3 weeks left to take this exam and recently started doing UW questions. I am doing 48 timed, unused questions since the get go, and now have noticed that my scores are steadily decreasing per set of questions. I have only gone thru 25% of the question bank and would like some advice on how to get them a bit up. After I do a random set, i spend about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to review all the choices and I do plan on finishing all of them.

Has this happened to anyone? Any input would be helpful. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

After I do a random set, i spend about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to review all the choices and I do plan on finishing all of them.

I don't know how much I should attribute my score trajectory to this, but I just wanted to comment that I spent at least 3 (prob closer to 4) hours going through each block of 48 questions. I felt like they really helped you get other questions right and improved my knowledge base overall.

If you are in the beginning of your review, you might consider doing the questions in Tutor mode, as it will save you some time. Also do them by subject. You can look at my USMLE 08 experience for more info.

What really gets me with USMLEWorld is my scores between 48 questions blocks. I started out real well on the second assessment: 54%, 62% 31% :eek: and then a 47% What the?
I guess it's just the massive amount of knowledge that makes it unpredictable as to what you'll know or not. I just try and remind myself that it's only practice. The real thing is still a little over 4 weeks away, so it's OK...