My VR scores are decreasing...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheShaker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my test is on June 21 and my VR scores have been progressively decreasing for some reason. Here are the tests in the order that I took them (I am only including the ones from this last month because I think they are more relevant).

EK101:

5. 11
6. 10
7. 10
9. 9
10. 9
11. 7 (my most recent one, took it last night)

AAMC FL:

3. 10
4. 11
7. 10
8. 10
5. 9
9. 9 (one missed question away from 8)

Is there a reason why my scores have been dropping over the last month or so? I haven't really changed up much of my strategy. Maybe I'm just shaken up at the 7 that I got last night but I don't feel as confident about VR as when I first started. Is this some kind of self fulfilling prophecy? Does anyone have any advice on this kind of thing?

Members don't see this ad.

VR on the real thing is a lot of luck so consider this: you can prob get anywhere from an 8-12 on the real thing it depends on what your VR section is like and how well you perform. dont even bother going by ek scores, they were way different from the passages i had on the real thing.

I wouldn't worry about the last few EK tests, because personally, I think they are poorly written (And I really think EK101 is overrated). As for your AAMC scores, I think they are quite consistent. +/- 1 is pretty normal. Just go through them to see where you can improve on :D

I can agree with the above. For example, EK loves roman numeral questions. I never had a single one on my VR section on the real thing lol

Members don't see this ad :)
So my test is on June 21 and my VR scores have been progressively decreasing for some reason. Here are the tests in the order that I took them (I am only including the ones from this last month because I think they are more relevant).

EK101:

5. 11
6. 10
7. 10
9. 9
10. 9

AAMC FL:

3. 10
4. 11
7. 10
8. 10
5. 9

Is there a reason why my scores have been dropping over the last month or so? I haven't really changed up much of my strategy. Maybe I'm just shaken up at the 7 that I got last night but I don't feel as confident about VR as when I first started. Is this some kind of self fulfilling prophecy? Does anyone have any advice on this kind of thing?

Better quit practicing and take your exam before it goes down anymore

Agreed, EK has a lot of LONG questions, roman numeral questions, and detail questions,

AAMC = main idea mostly

EK101:

5. 11
6. 10
7. 10
9. 9
10. 9

AAMC FL:

3. 10
4. 11
7. 10
8. 10
5. 9

Kind of in the same boat. My AAMC verbal is 10+/-1. So, I wouldn't worry about it too much. See how 10 and 11 go. If you need motivation, look at typicalindian's verbal scores. They give me some sense of peace. Dude aced the verbal scores on the real deal, and he was getting 7-11 on the AAMC's.