my website has changed to http://mysite.verizon.net/res21aye/sdn/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pocwana

MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those who like to get right to the point, read after the ** below. for those with some time on their hands or who are just procrastinating, i've heard some rumor that my website with secondaries and status pages and some other stuff and junk is somewhat useful. until now, it has been located on my ISP's server, ad free. unfortunately those ba$****$ (formerly att now comcast) want to raise the cost of their service by 32.60% just because i don't subscribe to more than one of their services. because i am who i am (and no, i'm not popeye) i will soon be cancelling that service and .: the website will no longer be online at that address. for now, it's on yahoo! geocities. ads blah. i'm trying to move it to my new ISP ad free but it's not currently cooperating. i will bump this thread for the next week or so in order to allow you peeps time to reset bookmarks, etc.

new website: http://mysite.verizon.net/res21aye/sdn/

please let me know if i forgot to upload something
have a good day :)

Members don't see this ad.

Note to everyone applying in 2004: I think that reading the essay questions on pocwana's site will help prepare you for your deluge of secondaries in August. I believe it would be really helpful to print them out & start reading them now.

Ok,

I looked at those questions and am already starting to feel behind. :( Better take your advice and start on some of those ASAP!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pocwana you rock!! :clap: Thanks for compiling that information. And Dr. Steve Urkel, you're name is hilarious!! I love it! :laugh: Makes me reminisce on all the Urkel jokes I cracked on ppl in middle school. :oops:

bump - 2004er's read those secondaries soon!

Poc,
If you want, I can stick this thread so it stays on top of the list. We've got nothing to lose...I think it will help the kids applying for 2004 by having it up front to look at.

What say you?

Tweets

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
Poc,
If you want, I can stick this thread so it stays on top of the list. We've got nothing to lose...I think it will help the kids applying for 2004 by having it up front to look at.

What say you?

Tweets

i say coo.
Tweets, can you also please change my thread title to:

my website has changed to http://mysite.verizon.net/res21aye/sdn/

no ads on this one, woo-hoo!
thank you, sweetie :) (tee hee, just realized i called you sweetie tweetie)

Thanks! This is great! :)

heyyyy guys,
I made this into a Sticky so you don't have to keep bumpin it up. See? It's going to remain on the first page as long as I don't unstick it. :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
heyyyy guys,
I made this into a Sticky so you don't have to keep bumpin it up. See? It's going to remain on the first page as long as I don't unstick it. :laugh: :laugh:

joke n.
Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
A mischievous trick; a prank.
An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
Informal.
Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

PS, there might be another thread you might want to make a sticky (hint hint)

Originally posted by Jalby

PS, there might be another thread you might want to make a sticky (hint hint)

hmmm, i wonder which one you're talking about.
this one?

Official Guide to applying to Med School. (Now includes Waitlist info)
(dang, i had to find that one on page 7)

maybe this one:
List recommendation requirements for each school

or....
Official: SDNers willing to read 2003-2004 Personal Statements

for some good reading (when you are procrastinating, which is bound to happen)
parents are funny in this process : )

some more advice (which we could expand upon):
What are some things that you wish you'd known when you applied??
Help! Tips for finding cheap plane tickets?
Where can I find cheap plane tix?

but my all time favorite is this one:
SEARCH PAGE
(Trust us when we say it's been asked before)

Hey Tweetie, you wanna change this thread to an all you wanted to know about the app process sorta dealie? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
how come this thread has never moved down and is on the top at all the times. We have heard of this website....CAN A MODERATOR REMOVE THIS THREAD OR CHANGE ITS SETTINGS SO THAT IT IS THREATED JUST LIKE ANY OTHER THREAD.+pissed+

The purpose of this thread is to make sure that those kids applying for 2004 entrance have the above resources at hand. Not everybody has the above threads bookmarked, and most new members do not know of these resources existing on SDN even if they do searches.

This is meant to be a "by members/for members" deal. It's a good thing! ;)

broken document links should now be working. thanks (and sorry) moskeeto.

To the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got sick of seeing Pinky18 as the last poster.

No, I want to be the last person on this "thread"

its a good feeling to see your name up here all the time isn't it?

Originally posted by DW
yeah, i'd say so

with your posting frequency though you don't even *need* the pinned thread to keep your name up here!

Originally posted by the boy wonder
with your posting frequency though you don't even *need* the pinned thread to keep your name up here!
and just what are you trying to say?!?

pad

Originally posted by DW
and just what are you trying to say?!?

pad

You answered your own question ;)