My Wednesday Check-In #4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's already Friday today, but it's only a title!

Well, my cool Pre-dent cyber friends, here are my updates:

Temple: Interviewed on 2-8-02 and no news still. Just talk to Terry (Admissions Confidential Secretary) today and she told me that my application is STILL with the committee. Good thing is that there's still seats remaining! Temple still only has 95 deposites out of 125 seats. It's been a month since I interviewed, let's see how much longer they'll make me wait! :mad:

Nova: Interviewed on 3-6-02 and you all know this story! :wink:

NYU: Will be interviewed on 3-15-02 and I just talked with them today as well and they still have seats available. When I asked for an approximate number of seats of available, the lady got all fired up and said, "I am not at liberty to provide that type of information!" I was like Oooooooooooo K! The good thing is that I will be interviewing for a seat and not a spot for the waiting list!

UoP: Application still in review with ~300 others! Even if an interview invitation is received, it would be for the waiting list! Not looking good for this year.

Boston U: Application still in review. Just talked to them today and found out that the class is full and if I do receive an interview invitation, again, it would be for the waiting list. Again, not looking good for this year!

U Detroit Mercy: Just recieved my confirmation letter recently stating that my application file with them is now complete! Luckily for me, there are still plenty of seats left for this school according to Carol Blackburn (Admissions assistant for last names M-Z) and I should be alright if I receive an interview invitation in April. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one as well! :)

Marquette University: Application is still in review. Since my one letter from Marquette in December 2001 stating that I'm neither accepted or denied, I have not heard from them since! I have not been in contact with them at all the last two months so it would interesting to see what happens with this school!

Tufts: Got an email from Katherine (Admissions Officer, aka the big boss) recently stating that the admissions committee re-reviewed my application after they received my latest grades, they're still a little skeptic about my 2.7 undergraduate GPA. Therefore, the original decision is upheld and I am officailly denied for fall 2002! :rolleyes:

U Penn: Denied

Columbia: Denied

By the looks of it, "IF" I'm lucky, I will have five schools to choose from (Temple, Nova, UDMercy, NYU, and Marquette) for my dental education starting Fall 2002!

Members don't see this ad.