MyERAS application / CV - years of attendance mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docjohndoe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just found out that I have made a mistake of putting in wrong dates of attendance of my medical school on myERAS application - off by one year. I submitted my application a couple of days ago. I desperately want to know if anyone has been there or knows what to do in this situation??... Please help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I do not know first hand but I do know that technically you can't change anything. You could try calling the eras hepline or contacting your dean's office for assistance. Not sure what they could do, but may be worth a try.

Reactions: 1 user
"I do not know first hand but I do know that technically you can't change anything. You could try calling the eras hepline or contacting your dean's office for assistance. Not sure what they could do, but may be worth a try.'
How bad do you think it will appear on my CV? Since the programs do have the MSPE and medical school transcripts for all the information they need and these documents clearly state my actual dates of attendance so it shouldn't be that bad, right? Plus I did write my correct date of obtaining degree which appears to be a year before I was supposedly attending medical school, so it makes that mistake all more inadvertent.

I think it will be noticed as a mistake. Did you make it a year earlier or later? Does it say you already finished or that you will not be done in time? Do remember programs will not get your mspe until 10/1

If I were you, then I would talk to my dean and the program coordinator (not program director lolz) for my home department about this ASAP. Well.. I guess you need to tell them anyways.

If they are not helpful, then I will apply to 2 or 3 random programs that I have absolutely no interest in going. On Monday, I would call that 2 - 3 programs and ask the same question to their program coordinators. If they act like it isn't a big deal, then you can probably explain as you interview if it comes up. If they act like it is something that needs to address immediately, then I will send email or call the program coordinators for all the programs that you previously applied to.

I am sure they dealt with all sorts of crazy things for who knows how many years. It could be something that program would overlook (because 99.9999% people don't apply one year earlier/later), or it would be comparably easy fix, if you tell the program coordinator.

Again, it is just my suggestion, and I did not hear about anyone who had similar problem. I feel your pain, and I would be freaking out too!! But, at the same time, I think it is just minor mistake that human being could make. I am sure that most programs will understand. Good luck!

Thanks guys. I made my years of attendance 1 year later than the actual period. Dodgers 75, it is a good piece of advice. I just hope it is not something I regret for the rest of my life!