MyPsychTrack

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lyra33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My practicum supervisor recently told the students at my site about a new website that was recently launched called MyPsychTrack.com that can be directly integrated into the AAPI when you apply for internship. I'm already using Time2Track, but was just wondering if anyone had used this new site. They cost about the same amount of money and I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth switching to this new version. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My advisor told me about that, too, just yesterday. Apparently it's endorsed by APPIC. I'm planning to use T2T for the rest of my paid subscription and then transfer everything over to the new system. It sounds very helpful (although not totally necessary for those who want to keep their money and log hours on their own).

I just have to tell everyone this is basically the worse site to track hours with. My school switched to it from time2track last year and a large portion of us paid out of pocket to switch back. The site has a ton of bugs, one day someone else's site and hours populated my page briefly. It almost gave me a heart attack. I would suggest having a backup if this is your sole method of tracking hours. It is honestly one of the worse websites I've ever been on-Even had my software engineer boyfriend look at it. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!!!!! Just recently they're having problems exporting reports. They never reply to help emails. Totally useless website with a ton of lag-no matter how fast your computer is, doesn't even matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, we had a few people in our program try it and apparently it had a lot of issues.

Yeah, we had a few people in our program try it and apparently it had a lot of issues.

We also had a lot of problems with it so our program decided to go with Time2Track across the board (at the student's urging). I can't blame them, MyPsychTrack has a monopoly due to their relationship with APPIC and thus has very little incentive to improve their service. Time2Track has worked out well for us.

We also had a lot of problems with it so our program decided to go with Time2Track across the board (at the student's urging). I can't blame them, MyPsychTrack has a monopoly due to their relationship with APPIC and thus has very little incentive to improve their service. Time2Track has worked out well for us.

Our program pushes it. I paid to have time 2 track. Works soooo much better.

Our program has used both and time2track is far better. It has an appi page so if you input everything correctly, you just have to transfer the numbers to the appi. Super easy.

Our program has used both and time2track is far better. It has an appi page so if you input everything correctly, you just have to transfer the numbers to the appi. Super easy.
Definitely, I'm not sure why schools push mypsychtrack. Its horrible. Im either stay with this or the spreadsheet idea.

This is what I did. I built in verification columns and a few other things bc I figured if I was going to do it…I was going to do it right. :D

Seriously, only takes like 20-30 mins. And when it came to APPIC time, only took me about 10 minutes to transfer everything.

I found my first gen spreadsheet!

Summary Stats Page.png

It was fun looking back at my instructions, as it dates itself w. referencing printed sheets that would have to be signed off, etc. :laugh: The biggest limitation to my design was only providing two prac slots, though this was done for space reasons. I had separate pages for each site and a third for my research site, but I had to add those hours in manually afterwards because i hard-coded everything and protected all of the fields so it wouldn't get jacked up. The result of a frustrated former tech guy with a couple of hours to kill one night.

Our program also requires us to use mypsychtrack and I hate it too! I am glad to hear I am not the only one who thinks it is terrible. I dread entering my hours every week because it takes so much longer than it should and is such a pain. I always thought it would be worth it to be able to export my hours into the internship application though...but according to these comments, now I'm worried! Haha.

Time2Track is a million times better! We used mypsychtrack for a year and it would not calculate hours correctly (specifically direct client intervention hours). When we contacted the site for help they "didn't know what was wrong" and had no suggestions for how to fix it. Stay away! Use Time2Track!