Myth: Line Numbers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheElement

Being Lazzy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, are line numbers gone for good? I was doing one of the online tests and took an eternity just to find one stupid phrase. I emailed AAMC and they relayed me to some useless site with no information on it. Does anyone know for sure whether or not they still exist? It makes no sense for them not to...

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curiosity, are line numbers gone for good? I was doing one of the online tests and took an eternity just to find one stupid phrase. I emailed AAMC and they relayed me to some useless site with no information on it. Does anyone know for sure whether or not they still exist? It makes no sense for them not to...

I know for our CBT practice exams, we had to omit line references because of the variable screen size of different student's computers. It was easier to remove line numbers than have people use specific computers.

I suspect the answer to your question lies in the screen size uniformity between prometric centers.

I didn't see any line numbers on the real thing, although I didn't find the search function either.

There are no line numbers. I took the June 15th test. There are a very limited amount of direct references to the passage though. If there are, most of them will say "in paragraph 2" or something. Some, however, just refer to the author's statement without a passage part. There were not too many of those but they were there. Welcome to the hellhole known as MCAT verbal.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are no line numbers. I took the June 15th test. There are a very limited amount of direct references to the passage though. If there are, most of them will say "in paragraph 2" or something. Some, however, just refer to the author's statement without a passage part. There were not too many of those but they were there. Welcome to the hellhole known as MCAT verbal.

That is correct, there are no line numbers and no search function (would've made everything so much easier!).

I thought the hardest questions were the ones that asked "what was the author trying to convey by using the word _______" I felt I wasted so much time searching for that stupid word... guess that is a good reason for previewing questions!!

Mabye I was lucky but I took the may 16 and didn't find very many
I and II
II and III
II and I and III
questions either