n/a

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted919212

n/a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did section banks and q packs before I did the aamc #1 but while I was doing content review. So I only have the FL listed above left. I know I should have waited on the section bank but oh well.

Did you review all the stuff you missed in the section banks and qpacks? What was your score on the first pass through them?

My best insight is that you "lost" something between then and the FL, or else timing is a major issue. Only you have the insight as to the exact Q types you are missing, but my guess is, based on your cars scores, that it is something to do with reasoning. If you want to try one of my suggestions, go back and do a few of the questions you missed, do them untimed, and write out a reason why each of the wrong choices is wrong. Justify to yourself why the answer is incorrect, particularly for cars. My strategy for CARS (both on the mcat and on the LSAT) is justifying the wrong answers, which is often easier than justifying the right answer. They make the right answer ambiguous on purpose and you should be able to eliminate at least one, if not 2 of the answers immediately in almost every cars question.

There's no guarantee that strategy will work for you but it can't hurt to try it out on one passage and see if it helps. If it does, try it some more and then get fast with it.

I really appreciate the strategy advice!! I'm right now doing that with CARS and C/P. I believe my problem is also that for C/P i get nervous that I don't have enough time & when I get to the questions they ask about interpreting data and I don't understand the data at first glance (because I'm nervous) so I guess the answer. I think I need to interpret what the graph is trying to show when I'm reading the passage so I have an overall idea of whats going on and where to look if a question ask? Sorry if that was confusing. I'm a mess hahaha.

I've found with the data sets, it helps to draw a little diagram about what is doing what. Rather than try to hold onto the thought that "X is an enzyme that exhibits positive cooperativity in the synthesis of Y, which represses gene expression for protein AAA which in turn lowers blood pressure", I simply draw a diagram and then ask myself what the end product of this chain of events is.

X increases Y, which lowers the amount AAA, which is normally used to lower BP, thus.... an increase in X should yield an increase in BP (because of the lowered production of protein AAA, which is normally required to keep BP low, will lead to less than the normal amount required to keep BP low ).

Now you write, (up arrow) X = (up arrow) BP and look at the data to see how the slew of variations they give you for X will impact BP. I really feel like these are more "can you keep track of what's going on" questions about data than they are about your ability to actually read data and understand the science behind the experiment.