N00bs, Lurky Loos, anyone who wants the scoop on med school admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HumidBeing

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Check out the SDN Booty Store Black Friday Sale!

The SDN Admissions Guide is the best price I've ever seen it. Since shipping is included, it's like getting it for $10 plus shipping, instead of the regular $29.99 plus $5 shipping charge. I know there are a limited amount of them in stock. It will be first come, first served. This book is like having the best of SDN, plus more, at your fingertips.

The tee-shirts are high quality, and a great price. I got the Witch Doctor one, and my sister snatched it the day it arrived. So, I got a Be the Doctor Your Daddy Wanted You to Marry one, which is cut for ladies. I THOUGHT that I'd be able to get mine back. Nope. She's kept them both, wears them frequently, and gets smiles and comments wherever she goes. It's a good thing that I like my sister. :)

Get them for yourself, or drag someone who cares to the computer and have them order your SDN cool stuff for a gift.

Members don't see this ad.

Humidbeing, I really want to get this book? But what does it have in it? Is therea book preview? Like why should I get it? i want to, but im hesitant that it may be a dud.

I hope these help you. The contents are far too comprehensive for me to describe them all, even with the book here on my lap. It's like having the best advice from SDN about all of the most important questions, right at your fingertips. :) That's the best description I can think of.

Here is a link to Amazon.com's reader for the index.

Here is a copy of the description that we had up during this summer's Test Prep Week:

front_cover_small.jpg

Written by the SDN experts including medical students, residents and physicians.

Buy from the publisher directly: https://www.millcitypublishing.com/o....aspx?SiteID=7
Buy from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1934248177?...GNSXQJ9JBNRPE&

Comments from students and advisors:

"The most complete treatment of the subject"

"Excellent resource for students who are considering medicine as a career."

"The Bible of Admission Guides."

"Get this book. It covers everything you need to know."

You will learn:

What all your medical school options are (MD, DO, Caribbean & international)

How to become a stronger applicant

How to gain admission to medical school

How to succeed in medical school

Details about pre-med, medical school, residency, and beyond

Tips and suggestions from successful medical school applicants

Personal statement and interview advice

Detailed scholarship and financial discussion, including military and National Health Service Corps options

Book Details:

Format: 6 x 9
Pages: 392
Publish date: March 23, 2007
Publisher: Mill City Press
Author: Christian Becker
Additional Contributors:
Ai Mukai, MD
Audrey Stanton, DO, MPH
Andrew Doan, MD, PhD
Diane L. Evans, DO, MS
KyGrlDr2B (SDN forum moderator name)
Mark Piedra, MD
Natalie J. Belle, MD
Rachel Liu
Robert Greenhagen

Book Description:

The Official Student Doctor Network Medical School Admission Guide will take you step by step through the entire process of getting into medical school. It includes a detailed discussion and comparison of MD, DO, Caribbean and international medical schools as well as podiatry schools. It will teach you how to stand out from the rest of the applicants. Going beyond just medical school admissions, the book provides a detailed look at the entire medical training process – from pre-med, through medical school, residency, and fellowship training – even different practice settings and medicine as a whole.

Author Info:

Christian Becker (Lead Author) - Currently a medical student at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Christian recently completed the admissions process. He is also the creator of an SDN-partner pre-med website, which provides information, hints and unique student advice on gaining admission to medical school.

The SDN Volunteer Team (Contributors) - Active moderators of the Student Doctor Network including medical students, residents, fellows, and senior physicians. The SDN Team has extensive experience in applying to medical school, surviving as medical students, passing the medical boards, and practicing as physicians.

The Student Doctor Network (SDN) is the largest premed and medical student community on the Web. A nonprofit site, the SDN community has over 30,000 active members and a thriving forum with over 4 million posts filled with advice, information, and support. Join us online at www.studentdoctor.net

Members don't see this ad :)
Who's the hottie on the cover?

That is just awesome. I don't need something like that anymore, but I'd be definitely hitting up some of that booty a year ago. Hmm, interesting choice of words...

The Sale will run through Monday.

I got a discount so that anyone who reads my threads can save an additional $2.

Enter the discount code "2off" and $2 will be taken off of your total order.

Haha, right!