-

• Thread starter Deleted member 1077394
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Deleted member 1077394

-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get your name legally changed, you can update official documents (such as transcripts) with the new name

Reactions: 1 user
So “Maryanne” is one word? Is that on your birth certificate? Maybe you should go ahead and change your name to,”Mary Anne” or”Mary” now. Then change your school records to “Mary Anne” or whatever er you decide. I don’t think it’s your transcripts that are the issue. (When I graduated my diploma had a different name than my transcripts. ). It’s further down the road like your medical liscense or marriage lis etc. that might be a different name issue. . Now that I’m thinking about it I think I had too file for a name change when I got married. I don’t know. It’s been a long day. But it is an easy thing to do.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So “Maryanne” is one word? Is that on your birth certificate? Maybe you should go ahead and change your name to,”Mary Anne” or”Mary” now. Then change your school records to “Mary Anne” or whatever er you decide. I don’t think it’s your transcripts that are the issue. (When I graduated my diploma had a different name than my transcripts. ). It’s further down the road like your medical liscense or marriage lis etc. that might be a different name issue. . Now that I’m thinking about it I think I had too file for a name change when I got married. I don’t know. It’s been a long day. But it is an easy thing to do.

"Maryanne" is one word on my birth certificate. At least in my state, they'll change your last name for you automatically if you check a little box on your marriage license, but if you want to do anything special like take your maiden name as your new middle name, you need to do it as a separate "transaction" (for lack of a better word).

Thank you both very much for your help. I will think about this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually did this during my application year... was not a major issue since the legal name change document contained both my former and new names. I still had the same ID #s + SSN to tie the records together. I did have multiple hard legal copies just in case but most schools just wanted a scanned version so they can put documents in the right file.

Reactions: 1 users
actually did this during my application year... was not a major issue since the legal name change document contained both my former and new names. I still had the same ID #s + SSN to tie the records together. I did have multiple hard legal copies just in case but most schools just wanted a scanned version so they can put documents in the right file.

Thank you!!

Reactions: 1 users