• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

About the Ads

diane07

10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
It's better to research for yourself. What if you took what someone else said as gospel and they were wrong!

shamrock2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Nowhere and Everywhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
predents is the way to go...there's also a site called "univsource.com" that lets you search for all types of schools and tells you if they are public or private.

diane07

10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Um . . . jackbauer, is that a joke? I mean, it's pretty funny if it is. Considering UIC is a state school and only accepts 10% of its applicants from out of state. So are the rest of those state schools too? Is that why OceanBlue is laughing?

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Akron, OH
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Totally off topic, but I don't understand why Alabama calls themselves UAB. Why not UAL? That would make a lot more sense. Do they not know the abbreviation of their own state? I NEVER knew that UAB was Alabama. I thought it was some school I never heard of.

dat_student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Weyburn Terrace :-)
Status (Visible)
Totally off topic, but I don't understand why Alabama calls themselves UAB. Why not UAL? That would make a lot more sense. Do they not know the abbreviation of their own state? I NEVER knew that UAB was Alabama. I thought it was some school I never heard of.

University of Alabama at Birmingham

J

jackbauer!

University of Alabama and UAB are different schools located in different cities. Both are public, however.

jb!:)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.