name of all the private schools?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diane07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's better to research for yourself. What if you took what someone else said as gospel and they were wrong!

shamrock2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
predents is the way to go...there's also a site called "univsource.com" that lets you search for all types of schools and tells you if they are public or private.

diane07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Um . . . jackbauer, is that a joke? I mean, it's pretty funny if it is. Considering UIC is a state school and only accepts 10% of its applicants from out of state. So are the rest of those state schools too? Is that why OceanBlue is laughing?

J

jackbauer!

Um . . . jackbauer, is that a joke? I mean, it's pretty funny if it is. Considering UIC is a state school and only accepts 10% of its applicants from out of state.

sorry....thanks for the correction!

jb!:)

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Totally off topic, but I don't understand why Alabama calls themselves UAB. Why not UAL? That would make a lot more sense. Do they not know the abbreviation of their own state? I NEVER knew that UAB was Alabama. I thought it was some school I never heard of.

dat_student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Totally off topic, but I don't understand why Alabama calls themselves UAB. Why not UAL? That would make a lot more sense. Do they not know the abbreviation of their own state? I NEVER knew that UAB was Alabama. I thought it was some school I never heard of.

University of Alabama at Birmingham

J

jackbauer!

University of Alabama and UAB are different schools located in different cities. Both are public, however.

jb!:)