Name one/some of life's little tortures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
-excessively negative people

;)

(this thread reminds me of a calvin & hobbes strip)

Members don't see this ad.

- People who learn about the world through Hollywood. "Dude the U.S. gov't is in cahoots with oil companies, I saw it in Syriana."
- When someone says "just a minute" and it means 3 hours.
- 50 cent, 'nuff said.
- People who play exactly into stereotypes and b*tch when its pointed out.
- People who aren't funny, but continually attempt to make jokes despite chirping crickets and requests to STFU.
- Pants sagging below the optimum level of underwear concealage.
- The often unnecessary and excessive use of "lol".
- People stinking up the bathroom to an intolerable degree just as you have to go in to do the same.
- When toilet paper runs out.
- Public restroom + Uncivilized people = Gross.
- People who can't stand people who don't agree with them. I can have an opinion *******, and it doesn't have to agree with you.
- Itchy butts in public places.
- Major wedgies in public places.
- Girls who look hot from far away but are butt fugly upclose.
- People who think they are THE ****, but in reality are just ****.
- Urinals.
- Britney Spears.
- Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.
- Spoiled Teenie-bopping idiots.
- Coldplay.

wow.... didn't expect all that.

jbone said:
I can't stand watching womens basketball. WNBA? please. I'd rather dig my eyes out with a pair of chopsticks. :eek:

(for tonight) I can't stand people who use the ER as a freakin clinic "I stubbed my toe and it hurts" (only in spanish)
DUDE, IT'S FREAKIN 3 a.m.! Get a life!:mad:

Oh yea, I hate it when people with nasty-ass feet always wear open-toed shoes/flip flops. Major hammer time. Like they have been kickin' bricks or something. You know the ones with the second toe 2 inches longer then the big toe. ewww! :scared:

Feel better now. :p

:oops: *hides toes...*

Members don't see this ad :)
RunnerMD said:
One of the things that IRRITATES me beyond belief, is when a guy hits on me after I give him NO indication that I am interested. (this includes everyone from the guy at the bar to the UPS delivery guy!!!) SERIOUSLY--to all the guys out there--if a girl likes you, she will let you know!

[edit] and making accidental eye-contact for .00001 second does NOT mean we are interested!
Um, hold on a second. Don't you see the irony? How is she supposed to let him know? By hitting on him, right? What if HE'S taken, and she starts hitting on him when he's given no indication? :rolleyes:

If a girl likes me, she probably won't let me know unless I break the ice (in my experience). Typically, girls I know expect the guy to make the first move. So he hits on you. Now, if you snub him, and he doesn't take a hint, or he uses a really crass pick-up line, you have my sympathy, but generally trying to get his game on shouldn't be a crime.

"So, going to medical school?"

"Yeap"

"Gonna make a lot of money, huh? Won't be able to peel the ladies off of ya, I'm sure!"

:thumbdown:

edit: I love urinals -- being able to piss standing up is a true pleasure in life. An anti-torture :D.
Pissing out in nature is even more fun! EEE!

edit2: Oh and the one about being the dumbest medical student in the entering class -- yeah, that'll be me ;[.

People who are pissed off by people who misuse "their" "they're" and "there". I mean seriously, chill the f*ck out! You have problems!

silverjelly said:
MurDAH -what, are you Ja Rule now? :thumbdown: - we're just venting. It's not like we can't deal with our pet peeves; we're just expressing them. It's just for fun . . it's not psychotherapy or anything.

what has ja rule have to do with anything?

regardless, are you seeing a theme in this thread? It is basically people hating on other people for things they do...chewing gum the wrong way, having a weird toe, people walking the wrong way, driving the wrong way, being too stupid, wearing certain types of clothes...i mean come on are you guys really that much better than everyone else?

This profession requires you to deal with people of all types...people who sag their **** and people who talk too loud so, like i said before, learn to live with it.

Give it a rest, already.

I can already see the next 20 posts: one of life's tortures is having to deal with people like its_murdah

And to end wit a quote by George Carlin:
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

Turkeyman said:
"So, going to medical school?"

"Yeap"

"Gonna make a lot of money, huh? Won't be able to peel the ladies off of ya, I'm sure!"

:thumbdown:

edit: I love urinals -- being able to piss standing up is a true pleasure in life. An anti-torture :D.
Pissing out in nature is even more fun! EEE!

edit2: Oh and the one about being the dumbest medical student in the entering class -- yeah, that'll be me ;[.

I can see why guys like urinals, but the question is, how on earth do you guys ever miss them? It's an enormous target? You guys can't stand still and focus long enough to pee against a wall??

TheProwler said:
Oh, no, I like those. I want to get one in my house once I'm making moola.

I guess I meant public urinals. I mean you know, when people get next to you, sometimes it gets how you say..... awkward. There's just never enough distance between two urinals.

Its_MurDAH said:
what has ja rule have to do with anything?

Ja Rule has a tendency to scream "Murdah!!!!" in his songs, alluding to the label he is signed under - Murder Inc.

And btw, nobody's hating on anybody. I don't HATE people who happen to chew loud - and it doesn't piss me up the point of angina or anything - it's just annoying. Don't you have anything you get annoyed about? Holy crap; humans aren't perfect. Granted, someone's going to piss me off (like you) and I'm probably going to piss someone else off. It's life. Instead of acting all pompous, maybe you should come off your high horse and admit your little grievances. Obviously, it's you who thinks you're better than everyone else, if you have a probelm with people being annoyed at certain things.

Other than that, just CHILL!
Tightass . . .

silas2642 said:
I can see why guys like urinals, but the question is, how on earth do you guys ever miss them? It's an enormous target? You guys can't stand still and focus long enough to pee against a wall??
The enormous target IS the problem...it's just too easy. Gotta start aiming at other things nearby and making cool designs on the wall in order to keep the experience fresh! :laugh:

girls who think they're so hot that guys shouldn't hit on them...that if they're interested they'll let the guys know... :smuggrin:

not that i give a crap about it since i'm married...but funny to think of the irony nonetheless :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
christian fundamentalists...now thats a scary thought!

"I got an (insert grade here), am I skrewed?" threads...

silas2642 said:
I don't understand why this is confusing to women. Stand in front of the toilet in your underwear and barefoot. Take a bucket of water (at least one gallon), and pour it into the toilet quickly. Notice anything? Maybe the little drops of water hitting your legs and feet? Even though you poured it all right into the bowl....hmmmm.

Second experiment. Take a garden hose and stand about 8" from a wall. Turn the hose on. Notice anything? It splashes to the sides and back at you! Amazing!

Lastly, you can put the seat down. We have to put it up, but you don't hear us complaining? You've taken physics - potential energy is on your side.

silas2642 said:

I never miss with the actual stream, eva! But yeah, when you're peeing out a gallon with full force as Prowler mentioned, things can get a bit splashy.

Oh, another torture: As a guy, when sitting down on the john -- I hate having to position myself so my hoohah doesnt touch the edge of the seat where other hoohahs have been. AAHH!

And Murdah, don't worry -- you're not a life's torture. What you say is very true. Venting is, simply, entertaining. I don't actively keep in mind anything I've mentioned here thus far...things just happen that irk you sometimes.

-streamed videos
-knowing that at some point during a good nights sleep in my 22 years of living, a spider or some other insect probably crawled up my nose or in my ear.

Oh, we get a few drops here and there, what we don't get are the puddles on the bowl and floor. Yes, PUDDLES. Really. Puddles don't jump out of the toilet.

And I don't mind putting the seat down - but I want you to have to go potty in the middle of the night and get your bum wet (and potentially stuck in the toilet) while you're half asleep.

ShyRem said:
Oh, we get a few drops here and there, what we don't get are the puddles on the bowl and floor. Yes, PUDDLES. Really. Puddles don't jump out of the toilet.

And I don't mind putting the seat down - but I want you to have to go potty in the middle of the night and get your bum wet (and potentially stuck in the toilet) while you're half asleep.

We can control the spray pretty well, but dont hold us accountable for the initial trajectory....it is beyond our control sometimes...lol

-"what are my chances?" threads
- 20 dollar minimum at ATM machines, i only need 5 bucks and now i am going waste that 15 dollars burning a hole in my pocket
- hangovers

ShyRem said:

See. Puddles happen when the initial blast doesn't make its mark. That is NOT necessarily our fault. Other, uh, substances can be stuck at the, haha, meatus (gotta love that word) that alter its path - sometimes bifurcating the stream, and you CANNOT get two streams into the bowl.

Also, TURN THE LIGHT ON IF YOU GO PEE AT NIGHT! How hard is that? We have to do that, otherwise there'll be a HUGE puddle on the ground the next morning. It's not hard to fall back asleep.

TheProwler said:
you CANNOT get two streams into the bowl.
This is very true. Of course, there is an easy way to avoid this which brings us back your original point: get the urinal installed at home. A waist high target makes it much more difficult to miss.
Ok, and I had to look up meatus because I thought you made it up. That is a fantastic word. That's going to be assimilated into my vernacular very quickly. I salute you, you magnificent bastard!

desiredusername said:
This is very true. Of course, there is an easy way to avoid this which brings us back your original point: get the urinal installed at home. A waist high target makes it much more difficult to miss.
Ok, and I had to look up meatus because I thought you made it up. That is a fantastic word. That's going to be assimilated into my vernacular very quickly. I salute you, you magnificent bastard!

My firend's parents put a urinal in his bathrom for him and his brothers. I think that was one of the best investments they ever made. I want my own urinal!

RunnerMD said:
*How did this thread evolve into people complaining about other people's pet peeves? These are all just stupid little things that annoy us individually.
If one of your pet peeves is something that peeves me, than it goes here!

Music videos with the artist playing piano (just saw one). Soooooo overdone. No one cares that you can play a damn piano! :smuggrin:

TheProwler said:
Lastly, you can put the seat down. We have to put it up, but you don't hear us complaining? You've taken physics - potential energy is on your side.

holy crap, my life has been changed.

parking cops.
-mota

- People who turn left out of the goddamn Ralph's parking lot on Le Conte (especially when there's a damn ambulance coming code-3 up the street). There are 3 signs that say "NO LEFT TURN"!

How about when you're walking to work and it's freezing rain (literally - I'm in Boston) and you've got your umbrella in one hand, starbucks in the other. Suddenly your bag falls off your shoulder into the pit of your elbow, then your coffee splatters out all over your jacket, and the wind blows your umbrella inside out! Meanwhile, I a girl in front of you slips and falls on black ice and you can't even help her up because you've got enough going on. Then when you finally get inside, your pants are stiff as a board cause they're frozen wet. Maybe I don't want to go to Tufts or UMass anyway . . .

sitting in the hair salon for 2 hours with foils in your head just so your hair can look good.

EZMcFlo said:
How about when you're walking to work and it's freezing rain (literally - I'm in Boston) and you've got your umbrella in one hand, starbucks in the other. Suddenly your bag falls off your shoulder into the pit of your elbow, then your coffee splatters out all over your jacket, and the wind blows your umbrella inside out! Meanwhile, I a girl in front of you slips and falls on black ice and you can't even help her up because you've got enough going on. Then when you finally get inside, your pants are stiff as a board cause they're frozen wet. Maybe I don't want to go to Tufts or UMass anyway . . .

Holy crap. Friday sucked. Umbrella, Starbucks- the whole nine yards for me too. Finally make it into my office and realize I've left my work computer at my apartment. Get back on the T- go home, and go thigh-first into a non-working turnstile, to empty the rest of my coffee onto my jacket. Left for Miami that night, and am now considering a fake-my-own-death plot so I dont have to be back at work monday.

Realizing that that brown stuff in the water fountain isn't mud...

For all the girls...

Pantyhose! :eek:

- people yelling and screaming downstairs when you have to study
- an A- in ochem