Name that specialty...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay. Shnurek is back!!!

Members don't see this ad.

This seems to be the recurring theme when I talk to G. Surg residents & Fellows. Whether it be ENT, I.R, what have you.

My medical school Surgical rotation was GS, Ortho and PRS. Loved all of them but it was certainly a limited exposure.

Don't get me wrong: I love what I do. Its just that I would also love ENT but never thought about it as a medical student, was never exposed to it and until I did a rotation as a PGY-3, never realized how much I liked it.

IMHO general surgery residents and fellows are not in much of a position to talk about whether or not they regret their choice. To the starving man, even a lettuce leaf looks like a treat. Its easy to look at other specialties with better hours, lifestyles, money etc and wonder if you made the right choice.

Please refrain from de-railing the thread with personal disputes; if you have a problem with a particular user, please place that user on ignore rather than escalating the discussion in public.