Name the top 3 best medical schools in India

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bakekang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and please provide their respective tution charges (for international students) and their website. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the top medical schools in India are state run, and most state run medical schools do not accept foreign citizens, so you might want to check with them.

That said, AIIMS, JIPMER, CMC Vellore are some of the top ones.

hi
a few of the top ranking colleges in india are AIIMS, JIPMER , CMC , AFMC pune, St. JOHNS bangalore, manipal etc.
of these as far as im aware, only manipal takes foreign students , but you should definetely check up on the others.

http://www.aiims.edu/
http://www.manipal.edu/

you can get the sites of others as well by just googling them . though cant say for certain but as wingthing said, the top ranking colleges in india as a general rule dont take foreign students , atleast no government college does. however , if you can get in to a govt med college , it will be better as the clinical experience is bound to be better.
hope this helps.:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
AIIMS does take NRIs and other foreigners. But I am not really sure how they get in.

hi...

aiims doesn't take NRIs....it does take 5 foreign national students(5 in a batch of 50 students)....such students come through the ministry of external affairs(or the ministry of health and family welfare..or some other...not really sure which one)...and are sponsored by their govt.....and then allotted into central govt institutions like aiims, jipmer etc by the ministry......

students of foreign med schools can come for an elective as well......

I think you are right that AIIMS doesn't take NRIs like the IITs do (NRI batch quota at a high price), but I know at least one Malaysian ethnic Indian who went there that way (and ethnic Indian born and raised in Malaysia equals NRI in my mind)

Just a small question while we're on the topic. Do you know whether AIIMS accepts foreign students (eg. NRIs) for electives?

retroviridae- yes u are right abt that...there are such ppl...but they aren't indian citizens....so i guess they'd classify as an OCI rather than a NRI.

learningbydoing - yes, i'd already mentioned that in my prev post...