Namonia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Klinsi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is probably the wrong forum, but my mother has namonia i think.

Can somebody please tell me what it can do? Is it curable?

Members don't see this ad.

Pneumonia (Namonia) is a bacterial infection that can be treated very effectively with antibiotics. It is definitely curable. No one on this board is licensed to tell you exactly what to do, or ought to, but you should go see a doctor ASAP. S/he will prescribe the proper course of drugs (make sure she takes them exactly to the doctors orders) to your mother, and everything should be ok. Do this as soon as possible.

Originally posted by Gleevec
Pneumonia (Namonia) is a bacterial infection that can be treated very effectively with antibiotics. It is definitely curable. No one on this board is licensed to tell you exactly what to do, or ought to, but you should go see a doctor ASAP. S/he will prescribe the proper course of drugs (make sure she takes them exactly to the doctors orders) to your mother, and everything should be ok. Do this as soon as possible.

Are there any cases of viral pneumonia? I know many people develop bacterial pneumonia secondary to a viral infection, but does anybody have a pure viral pneumonia? What about a fungal pneumonia (ick!) in the severely immunocompromised?

Anyway....what's with all the strange questions here these days? First it seems somebody is looking to learn how to become a terrorist, and now it seems someone is looking for cheap medical advice? Sheesh!