Naplex 2016 :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naabilly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am devastated. I failed my Naplex with a 70. I thought I was prepared but I guess not. I studied for six weeks and scored a 98 on my Pre-Naplex. I don't know what happened. Sighhh. I pray I don't lose my residency.

Members don't see this ad.

What did you think was the issue for you on the exam? Did you think the level of detail or type of questions was similar to the rxprep or was it totally off? I have my exam in a few days and I definitely did not get to prepare as much as you did, which makes me feel very nervous :( I wish you the very best with your residency. I know it must be a stressful time, as I have a job line up as well that requires I pass the naplex too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you inform your residency department yet? If so, what did they say?
Check your residency contract, they are required by ASHP to inform students the date by which they need to be licensed.

This hiccup will delay licensure by at least 91-days so I'm not sure how well the residency will take this kind of news. You can wallow in your own pity right now or you can take action to start remedying this situation. What's done is done, so do yourself a favor and only focus on what you can control right now. This doesn't mean the end of your career.

Did you inform your residency department yet? If so, what did they say?
Check your residency contract, they are required by ASHP to inform students the date by which they need to be licensed.

This hiccup will delay licensure by at least 91-days so I'm not sure how well the residency will take this kind of news. You can wallow in your own pity right now or you can take action to start remedying this situation. What's done is done, so do yourself a favor and only focus on what you can control right now. This doesn't mean the end of your career.

Good news. My director is wiling to work with me and will allow my another chance to take the exam.

Hi, sorry to hear :( Were you running low on time and didn't get a chance to finish your exam?

Yes I am a slow test taker so I really focused on practicing with time. I didnt run out but i found myself with many questions at the end and I wasn't able to read the cases and charts thoroughly

Yes I am a slow test taker so I really focused on practicing with time. I didnt run out but i found myself with many questions at the end and I wasn't able to read the cases and charts thoroughly

Aww, that really blows. Try to cheer up and do something to distract you from thinking about it. Your score was so close, so I'm sure you will definitely pass next time :) I hard the first few question are there to slow you down, so maybe next time, just try to get through them quickly and move on. Best of luck to you!

I am devastated. I failed my Naplex with a 70. I thought I was prepared but I guess not. I studied for six weeks and scored a 98 on my Pre-Naplex. I don't know what happened. Sighhh. I pray I don't lose my residency.

I also failed using the rxprep book and videos. How are you preparing differently this time?