leelo_x

10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
"NABP uses a mathematically based weighted scoring model to calculate an ability measure for each examinee. The ability measures is transformed to a reporting scaled score that ranges from 0 to 150. Scaled scores do not represent the raw number of correct answers and should not be interpreted as such. The NAPLEX passing standard has been established by a panel of pharmacy experts, and the ability level that defines the passing standard is the same for all NAPLEX administrations."

Just reading this after taking the exam and freaking out. I know I got 100% of math right except for 1. I also got the heparin dosing question wrong but not sure if it was included with the math. But now I am totally unsure about the other non-math material.

So here's my question..How many people who know they got 100% math right and did maybe 50% guessing on the other material passed????

Son_Goku

2+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2015
Status
Pharmacist
Percentages don't mean much unless we know how many math questions you encountered out of the 250.

Sep 30, 2017
Hello! If you don't mind, would you be able to give me study tips on what topics you saw the most?

About the Ads
Oct 29, 2013
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hello! If you don't mind, would you be able to give me study tips on what topics you saw the most?
Not OP but just wanted to give my 2 cents. Every exam is different so it's hard to give study tips. My 2 friends took their exams within a week of mine and both of their exams had very little HIV/onc/ID and a lot of calculations (mEq) and biostats. My exam was the complete opposite. I felt like I did not have a ton of math and biostats and I had 3 HIV cases back to back that were 4-5 questions each. I had about 4 oncology case studies as well as random questions here and there. Had to know how to calculate BSA and then some questions it was provided for me. I had a ton of psych, Parkinsons, and even had a few law questions believe it or not. I had roughly 10 questions about compounding, both sterile and nonsterile (where both my friends said they had 1 or 2 and only about nonsterile). Also had several CAM questions. I had 1 HLD, 1 HTN, and a few CAD. My test was so all over the place compared to my friend's exams.

Reactions: Abby Atwood

gigglesusf

5+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
selling my pronto pass flashcards and posters for $150; Great condition and provides a great review on topics. I used that and rxprep to pass the exam on my first try.

About the Ads