Naplex advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niknik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in need of some advice. I took my naplex and failed. Not to make excuse but I only study the 2011 rxprep book once. My question is that should I use my 91 days waiting to retake my naplex to focus on rxprep book some more or purchase other study guide materials out there? Do you think Morris Cody's materials will be helpful? Or any others materials. I would greatly appreciate any helps

Members don't see this ad.

Did you use the SDN math practice questions? A lot of people swear by it on this forum. Strengthening your math skills might help in addition to studying the Rx Prep book again and focusing more on the bolded and underlined information in the book.

I second JanuviaGrl that the 120 questions were very helpful and must do and it's even better if you can get your hand on 2012 RxPrep since it expands the math substantially as compared to to 2011 edition. Read RxPrep as many times as you can since it reiterates all the concepts we learned in pharmacy school, so even when you come cross a tough question, you can make an educated guess. I study solely using the RxPrep and was able to pass.
One more thing, Calculations take time to do so make sure get them correct or same math concept will pop up again. As in my case a ton of math questions pop up at the end when I was exhausted and just keep on guessing them, so that wasn't good. In hindsight, my advice is better overprepare than underprepare.

Niknik -- I am sorry you failed. But it does help to learn what not to do as well.9we usually only hear from those who pass).

So if you are up to it (and I understand if you are not), can you explain why you think you failed (other than the fact that you only studied Rxprep once)? How close was your score to 75? How would you rate your confidence level going in the exam? Even though you reviewed the text only once, did you feel satisfied(I ask because it is possible for some people to read once and be ok, while others need multiple reviews)? How long ago did you leave pharmacy school? etc etc. I will be sitting the NAPLEX in a few weeks, and would love to hear your responses to these things.

Thank you, and best of luck in your next attempt.