NAPLEX/CPJE tips for older applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Narinek

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I searched the forum for this kind of topic before I posted my question.

I have a friend who graduated 5 years ago before she got married and had kids. Does anyone with similar experience have tips on how to prepare for NAPLEX and CPJE.

Thanks,

Narine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I graduated in 2012 and moved to California for a job not involving direct patient care. When I got the approval for taking the CPJE, I almost forgot most of the Pharm D material. I bought RXPrep course book&online question bank and Pharmacy Chart, took the test, and failed by one point. I felt there was too much material to study for ( I am older and not good at memorizing). Then, I decided to take the PASSNAPLEXNOW course. Here is my opinion: all the books (RXPREP/PASSNAPLEXNOW/Pharmacy Chart) cover the material you need. The difference is that PASSNAPLEXNOW has highlited the most important content you need for the CPJE exam. The mnemonics Dr. Yavari presented in the class sticks in your mind. I scored 86 on CPJE. I would like to share my experience. Hope this helps!

I graduated in 2012 and moved to California for a job not involving direct patient care. When I got the approval for taking the CPJE, I almost forgot most of the Pharm D material. I bought RXPrep course book&online question bank and Pharmacy Chart, took the test, and failed by one point. I felt there was too much material to study for ( I am older and not good at memorizing). Then, I decided to take the PASSNAPLEXNOW course. Here is my opinion: all the books (RXPREP/PASSNAPLEXNOW/Pharmacy Chart) cover the material you need. The difference is that PASSNAPLEXNOW has highlited the most important content you need for the CPJE exam. The mnemonics Dr. Yavari presented in the class sticks in your mind. I scored 86 on CPJE. I would like to share my experience. Hope this helps!

Are you talking about all of the PassNaplexNow material or just the CPJE package they offer? I saw the CPJE package they offer online for $120... you get 4hrs of an online presentation plus their book to study for the CPJE. Thanks! :)

Just wondering if anyone may have tried MementoRx? I just saw their ad/post and was hoping for some feedback from actual people and not some testimonials they have on their site... Been wanting a flashcard type app that I can review with at work during my 30min break.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to each of you. I am 57 years old and took the NAPLEX in 1982 for the first time. I am registered in NY, VA, DC, PA, and now CA! I appreciate that all of us are unique. I passed both the CPJE and NAPLEX (again) September 2015. It was tough, no doubt about it. I studied and I studied more...But, I have to give credit where credit is due. I spent bucks on the PASSNAPLEXNOW programs. The books and lectures were extremely helpful. Both Goldie Yavari, Pharm D and Ali Miremadi, MD are extremely effective and helpful. And they are actually very very nice. What I did was go to the lectures, watch the videos, and study the books. I did not use any other sources or contacts. I did not have a study group, either. My rather lengthy experiences in Pharmacy (retail, hospital, industry) were somewhat beneficial but let's be honest here, the volume of information is phenomenal and the question possibilities are exponential. I remember in 1982 (it was a written exam) regurgitating 5 years of information. Today, it is practice focused based on 6 years of education. Good on them! Anyway, study and be good to yourself. And if you want that extra um-pf do not hesitate to look at PASSNAPLEXNOW-Ali and Goldie. Be proud of yourself and move forward... you can do it!

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to each of you. I am 57 years old and took the NAPLEX in 1982 for the first time. I am registered in NY, VA, DC, PA, and now CA! I appreciate that all of us are unique. I passed both the CPJE and NAPLEX (again) September 2015. It was tough, no doubt about it. I studied and I studied more...But, I have to give credit where credit is due. I spent bucks on the PASSNAPLEXNOW programs. The books and lectures were extremely helpful. Both Goldie Yavari, Pharm D and Ali Miremadi, MD are extremely effective and helpful. And they are actually very very nice. What I did was go to the lectures, watch the videos, and study the books. I did not use any other sources or contacts. I did not have a study group, either. My rather lengthy experiences in Pharmacy (retail, hospital, industry) were somewhat beneficial but let's be honest here, the volume of information is phenomenal and the question possibilities are exponential. I remember in 1982 (it was a written exam) regurgitating 5 years of information. Today, it is practice focused based on 6 years of education. Good on them! Anyway, study and be good to yourself. And if you want that extra um-pf do not hesitate to look at PASSNAPLEXNOW-Ali and Goldie. Be proud of yourself and move forward... you can do it!
I would just like to comment that I took the live course for PNN and could not agree more. Very highly recommended. I was actually scheduled for the CPJE today, but after having taken their review I realized that I was not ready for it (as other review programs could prove as well).

Every review program will provide the necessary information (some way more than others) such as SEs etc. However it wasn't just HOW they presented the information but more importantly it was the STRESS/EMPHASIS on LINKING or RELATING information across different topics of drugs, their effects, and disease states - as compared to just listing or stating information and taking it as is. You may know all there is about a drug class, but in terms of clinical judgement, as Dr. Miremadi would say "If you can't put two and two together, well it doesn't have much use..."

I think I have rambled on enough lol! But lastly, without them I would still be lost and without direction on how to go about reviewing. So if you were hesitant about the program don't be! Come pass or fail, I'm going to sit in the Live session again! If you want more on my experience just PM me. I'll help anyway I can!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk