NAPLEX facts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StringTheorist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated from the University of Florida. I just took the NAPLEX. I studied my butt off and don't know what more I could have done to pass.

Most of my fellow students were under the impression they needed a 75% to pass. I knew otherwise as I actually read the NAPLEX intro that was recommended before taking the test and this decreased my anxiety greatly:

Remember, the NAPLEX is 185 questions. 35 questions don't count. You need a 75 on a scale of 0-150 to pass (one point per question on the remaining 150 questions). IE, you need a 50% to pass.

You have 4 hrs 15 min to take the exam with a 10 minute break at the 2:15 mark. Take it. Relax. Breathe. Crack your neck and back, you'll need to.

Best of luck, take it easy, do NOT study the day before. Just go over your acronyms and equations. If you are stir-crazy, practice some calculations.

Good luck, pharmers!

Members don't see this ad.

Some stats:

Last year 95.3% passed on the first try.

A score of 101 puts you over the 50% percentile. A score of 121 puts you on the 95.7% percentile.

The numbers are on your side. (Though, also the pressure of being in the minority who do not pass :eek:)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Some stats:

Last year 95.3% passed on the first try.

A score of 101 puts you over the 50% percentile. A score of 121 puts you on the 95.7% percentile.

The numbers are on your side. (Though, also the pressure of being in the minority who do not pass :eek:)

Hi verashield,
do you mean that your score at the Naplex is affected by other's performance ? do they do a curve ?
Thank you
Lana

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Thank you for the words of encouragement and reminder... it's always stressful when you're studying and forget about this :)

I just graduated from the University of Florida. I just took the NAPLEX. I studied my butt off and don't know what more I could have done to pass.

Most of my fellow students were under the impression they needed a 75% to pass. I knew otherwise as I actually read the NAPLEX intro that was recommended before taking the test and this decreased my anxiety greatly:

Remember, the NAPLEX is 185 questions. 35 questions don't count. You need a 75 on a scale of 0-150 to pass (one point per question on the remaining 150 questions). IE, you need a 50% to pass.

You have 4 hrs 15 min to take the exam with a 10 minute break at the 2:15 mark. Take it. Relax. Breathe. Crack your neck and back, you'll need to.

Best of luck, take it easy, do NOT study the day before. Just go over your acronyms and equations. If you are stir-crazy, practice some calculations.

Good luck, pharmers!

And.... I just found out I passed! Not by the larger margin I thought I would, but I guess I will acquire more skills as I gain real-life experience. :) Thank you, pharm school, and I'm OUT!

I took NAPLEX today and want to share some study tips. I studied APHA book and felt that I was well prepared for clinical questions on NAPLEX. Read through APHA book twice if you can. Also, I utilized Lange Q&A book and I think that answering questions in pharmacology, math, pharmaceutical care, and patient profiles sections were extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend completing 120 math questions that are floating on this website and also looking over stats prior to the test. I used my class notes to review stats. If you have time after all of this, you can try reading up about rare diseases that are not covered in APHA book.

Last edited:
Thank you classmate for relieving some of my stress, I probably will study till the minute before the exam though, that's just how I am.

I took NAPLEX today and want to share some study tips. I studied APHA book and felt that I was well prepared for clinical questions on NAPLEX. Read through APHA book twice if you can. Also, I utilized Lange Q&A book and I think that answering questions in pharmacology, math, pharmaceutical care, and patient profiles sections were extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend completing 120 math questions that are floating on this website and also looking over stats prior to the test. I used my class notes to review stats. If you have time after all of this, you can try reading up about rare diseases that are not covered in APHA book.

Thanks and CONGRATS :)

Can anyone post a link to an old post for studying stats? Thank you :)

Good luck, pharmers!
congrats "string theorist" i am DiliP pursuing pharm.D frm INDIA just completed 2nd year can i know the details about NAPLEX is it difficult ? in india it is 6-year integrated course,from which year i should start preperation?what is the syllabus?validity of the score?books which u have followed?how many attempts u have took to crack NAPLEX

waiting for ur valuble reply!!!

Last edited: