Naplex Preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Naplexfail

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I studied from APHA on my previous attempt and got a 74. I failed the NAPLEX. I am hoping to take the exam the end of this month and am going crazy studying. This time I am using the Kaplan book and doing mathematics from another book. I am also solving questions from Appleton and Lange. I just need a morale boost and am reaching out to this forum. Somebody please help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I am sitting for it next week and the first time around I used Kaplan i found it to be a good source but I guess I overlooked some easy questions that costed me dearly. I am now studying form pronto pass and also re-reading kaplan, not so frantically like you express but trying to focus more on disease states that are more common and prevalent, we should be able to pull this one out this time around. Good luck trust in yourself.

Oncopharm

Hi Naplexfail,

Do u have rxprep book? I just studied from Rxprep book and pass the Naplex on the first attempt.

Good luck on ur studying and you will do great on the next attempt.

:love:
________
Depakote Side Effects

Last edited:
Hello..I know exactly how you feel because I too, took the naplex in July and got a 74. It was a horrible feeling that I would not wish upon anyone..it still feel horrible to think back upon it.

But we have to move on and think positive...think about it this way..you knew enough to get a 74..if you've been studying more these past few months..you HAVE to know just a bit more information, at least, to pass. Have confidence in yourself, believe in yourself and go with you gut on the test. I second guessed myself alot the first time and got really nervous...i think thats what made it worse for me.

I am studying again also, and will be taking the test next month.

Believe and it will happen.

Keep Us Posted and Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Please and please do a lot of calculations. It has been said numerous times here that calculations matter the most in NAPLEX. I believe that! Work the calculations, not just to solve the problems, but to be comfortable solving them. NAPLEX looks to me more like a test of thinking ability rather than knowledge.

And to me 74 is as good as 75 or 76. It is a matter of one wrong answer which is still within your margin of error. Having studied these past 90 days, you are more than ready to pass. YOU SHALL PASS IT! Use the experience of having taken it before to boost your composure. Don't let those nasty ***** questions on never-herad-before drugs upset you. In every question, eliminate one or two choices, make your guess and move on. Don't forget that they almost always ask you to calculte CrCl for a woman - "the 0.85 trap". They love Z-pak and Medrol dose pak like dogs love bone. Bunch of calculations are gonna be popping up towards the end, so save some time for the end.

See, you know all these already! So go get 'em!

I wanted to thank everyone for all the support and encouragement. I am trying to keep up and be positive. I take the exam end of this month and will post my experience..

I will solve lots of mathematics questions!!!

I studied from APHA on my previous attempt and got a 74. I failed the NAPLEX. I am hoping to take the exam the end of this month and am going crazy studying. This time I am using the Kaplan book and doing mathematics from another book. I am also solving questions from Appleton and Lange. I just need a morale boost and am reaching out to this forum. Somebody please help.
ur board american or canadian?

Hi Naplexfail,
I just sat for my Naplex on Wednesday and found out on Friday (today) that I passed with a score of 102. I studied APHA and practiced lots of maths! Manan Shroff has a good book of calculations to practice from. I also purchased a 2 week license from exammaster.com and found these questions to be a great review in the last couple of weeks. I also took the PreNaplex to get a feel for the exam. I am sure that you will pass next time around. :)

Hi Oz pharmacist and Maya2

I am taking the NAPLEX on September 28th. The exam is three days away and I am pretty nervous. Good luck to you Maya and my heartiest congratulations to Oz pharmacist for passing the NAPLEX. Wish me luck.

Wish you good luck naplexfail..this time u will be naplexpass...:thumbup::)
come out with flying colors and do let me know how did u do...
i pray for u..

maybe it is the materials you are using.

i have the following:

Full Kaplan Notes
Appleton & Lange (yellow book) NAPLEX Questions
Official Long Island University Review
NAPLEX 30 minute Review Posters (all laminated)
the APhA book (from 2 yrs ago)
Dr. Cutie's Calculations Review Packet
Practice NAPLEX extra passages

I can also give you my study schedule. i passed with a very high score.

i am selling all my stuff for 200 + shipping if you want it let me know. you will definitely pass with it.