NAPLEX REVIEW GUIDES: Which one does the best job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Motiv8

Pharm.D., RPH
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI I am just about to take the NAPLEX in a couple of months. Does anyone have any recommendations on which guides are worthwhile? I have the APHA book, which is pretty good, but I've heard that it is at times too straightforward in contrast to the real NAPLEX....

Surely, there's got to be others..that maybe more effective..

Anyone have any experience with www.pharmacyexam.com

Thanks....

Members don't see this ad.

HI I am just about to take the NAPLEX in a couple of months. Does anyone have any recommendations on which guides are worthwhile? I have the APHA book, which is pretty good, but I've heard that it is at times too straightforward in contrast to the real NAPLEX....

Surely, there's got to be others..that maybe more effective..

Anyone have any experience with www.pharmacyexam.com

Thanks....

Yesterday, a pharmacist told us to take your study guide and color over the incorrect answers with a black sharpie. He said it's best not to ever look at the wrong answers.

I didn't buy a book. Since I'm going retail, my review classes are paid for. Three days of drugs and one day of law.

As a pharmacist and preceptor, I recommend the Comprehensive review. Focus on the calculations, oncology, cystic fibrosis, and fiber myalgia. The Naplex has evolved from brand= what generic to a more clinical test. The typical common disease states (DM, MI, CHF, Thyroid, and Asthma) are a given and you should know them pretty well after going through your academic rotations. Calculations can be anywhere from 1/4 of the test to a 1/3. You should know most of the recent studies (the big ones) and JNC 7. Hope this helps!!

Hook'em horns!!!!