Naplex score on hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shahis77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After waiting for 7 days I called NABP customer care and find out that my Naplex score is on hold..and the reason is as I failed in my first attempt and in my second attempt the score is high so they want to investigate....What dose this mean...Is this happen to someone earlier please share your views.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

If your score is very high than your first attempt then they may hold your score to release. Look at the bright side.. without a doubt you passed the exam. They are going to make sure that if their system made an error. Take it easy and wait for your good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi...
I hope that you have had received a positive(passing with a really good naplex score) response from nabp by now.
Can you please suggest me too in this matter.
I too have received a mail from nabp saying that they have withhold my NAPLEX score due to score variance and asking me to explain score variance as well as evidence or documentation to support the explanation.
The details are as follows:
I had previously once taken the exam more than a year ago and had scored too low and even failed the exam.
This time I took it seriously and tried to do my very best.
I even took the prenaplex this time and scored fairly good.
Can you please suggest me regarding proceeding in this matter.
I appreciate your help in this matter.

Hi...
I hope that you have had received a positive(passing with a really good naplex score) response from nabp by now.
Can you please suggest me too in this matter.
I too have received a mail from nabp saying that they have withhold my NAPLEX score due to score variance and asking me to explain score variance as well as evidence or documentation to support the explanation.
The details are as follows:
I had previously once taken the exam more than a year ago and had scored too low and even failed the exam.
This time I took it seriously and tried to do my very best.
I even took the prenaplex this time and scored fairly good.
Can you please suggest me regarding proceeding in this matter.
I appreciate your help in this matter.

I would contact them and let them know that you have to speak to the main person.
Let them know you have a job offer on the line maybe.

By the way I am going to take the NAPLEX soon, how did you prepare. I am kinda getting cold feet. I would appreciate it if you could share it with me. Thanks

@Vanishree.....Yes after a 1 month wait I passed finally .One thing is sure if they hold the score...you passed the test and that too with a good score....
Send them a email and explain fully how you prepared for the test and what new things you do this time as compared to the first attempt....
You can send them whatever proof you have...like receipts of book purchased.......etc.
One thing is sure if you didn't do anything stupid during your test...like didn't break any rule during your test session then you will be fine.....so relax you passed...
good luck

Hi Shahis77 and Randycouture....
Thanks to both of you for your response.
@Shahis77;hearty congratulations on passing the exam and thank you for the advice... As you have mentioned, I shall send them the proof like purchase of books,etc..
@Randycouture:I had mainly prepared using Rxprep,used APHA for reference and also the 120 math problems available on this forum.Hope this helps.
Regards,
Vanishree.

That's stupid that they require all of that info and withhold test scores for over a month. With all the damn security in PearsonVue, you feel like you're in prison anyway. I'm surprised they don't strip us down, bend us over, and ask us to cough.

Anyway, I feel for anyone who ended up in this situation.

@Vanishree.....Yes after a 1 month wait I passed finally .One thing is sure if they hold the score...you passed the test and that too with a good score....
Send them a email and explain fully how you prepared for the test and what new things you do this time as compared to the first attempt....
You can send them whatever proof you have...like receipts of book purchased.......etc.
One thing is sure if you didn't do anything stupid during your test...like didn't break any rule during your test session then you will be fine.....so relax you passed...
good luck

What exactly is considered a "score that is so high" that it merits holding your scores? It would be interesting to know what your scores are.....if you don't mind saying.

That's stupid that they require all of that info and withhold test scores for over a month. With all the damn security in PearsonVue, you feel like you're in prison anyway. I'm surprised they don't strip us down, bend us over, and ask us to cough.

Anyway, I feel for anyone who ended up in this situation.

LOL!!!:laugh: Chris co2012, YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I actually felt like a criminal (for once in my life!)...ALL in the name of getting a license to practice :laugh: :laugh: After all that, making anyone prove how they did so well sounds absolutely RIDICULOUS!

Good luck!

I took naplex on 10/31/2012 and i checked nabp but my profile says new and to wait for att before scheduling an appointment:confused:

You really have to wait for them to mail you the score as they don't show your score online. It shouldn't be too long now, few more days of waiting for the mailman. :) Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
Thank you all for the help and support...
I have finally got my NAPLEX score and I have passed the exam.
I am grateful to this forum and the members in it who have given me their valuable advice and guided me in the right direction.
Regards,
Vanishree.

Hello Shahis77,

I'm in a similar situation as you were. Is there is anyway I could contact you please?

Hello Shahis77,
I am in the same situation. I retook the exam and I am still waiting for my score. On my first attempt, I received my score in two days; however, it is taking more than a week. I called NABP, they just said that my score is on a hold and is undergoing psychometric review. They even said that I will have to wait until it comes in the mail. However, I do not know how long that will be? Were you able to determine if you pass, before your score was available?

I will appreciate your answer, I am just asking for some reassurance.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello StarNight22,

I re-wrote my naplex couple of weeks ago and I received a letter about score variance and my score on hold. Can you help me understand what it means?

I appreciate your help.

Hello StarNight22,

I re-wrote my naplex couple of weeks ago and I received a letter about score variance and my score on hold. Can you help me understand what it means?

I appreciate your help.

Hello Shahis77,
I am in the same situation. I retook the exam and I am still waiting for my score. On my first attempt, I received my score in two days; however, it is taking more than a week. I called NABP, they just said that my score is on a hold and is undergoing psychometric review. They even said that I will have to wait until it comes in the mail. However, I do not know how long that will be? Were you able to determine if you pass, before your score was available?

I will appreciate your answer, I am just asking for some reassurance.

Hello StarNight22,

I appreciate your help.
Hi, I just got the same letter from NABP about holding my score bcz of varience... can you please tell me what do I have to send them?? like what kind of proofs and documents I have to send??