Naplex Score Transfer to another state?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm113

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I did not not request for score transfer prior to taking the Naplex but I am still within that 90 day period for allowing score transfers according to NABP. Question is, is there states that require your score transfer request to be signed up for before taking the exam? I see a lot of state said 1 or 2 years the score is valid from the date of examination but none really specify if it has to be requested before you take the exam or if its still okay if its within that 90 window. But then if that is the case, then whats the point of the 90 day window? I also want to ask about score transfer to California since they don't allow reciprocity if anyone has experience with it. Thing is a friend told me that for California I should have requested score transfer prior to sitting for the Naplex but at the time I didn't since I thought I will be staying in my primary state. Will my score transfer to California still be valid if still within that 90 day window? If its not valid then does it mean I will have to retake the Naplex or does this mean I can't get licensed in California ever since they don't allow reciprocity? The reason is when I read the NABP bulletin regarding score transfers, it says all 50 states participate in it and with the 90 day window, I didn't want to request the score transfer till I was sure I won't be staying in my primary state. But it seems California may seem different. I'm thinking about relocating to other states for job options but I don't want to be stuck if I can't get licensed.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
NABP will not mail your score to another state after 90 days. Starting with day 91, I believe the only way to get a license outside of your primary state is to go through the reciprocity process (or retake the NAPLEX exam - but nobody wants to do that). If you are within the 90 day period, you can log into NABP, and transfer your score. Transferring your NAPLEX score to California within 90 days is perfectly fine. Since transferring your score is $75/per state, which is cheaper and less stressful than retaking the NAPLEX, why not transfer it to California ASAP?