NAPLEX score transfer to California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heysupdude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, here's my situation. I'm thinking about moving to California in the near future.
I passed NAPLEX last June and hold a pharmacist license in NJ.
California BOP states "if another state is your primary state, your NAPLEX score
can be transferred to California if you designate California as a score transfer state
before you take the NAPLEX."
:confused: Now, this really confuses me. If I didn't designate California as a score transfer state before taking my NAPLEX, would I need to take the NAPLEX again? or Can I still request a score transfer through NABP?
Thanks mucho.

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like you know the answer to this question already. My advice to you is don't move here until you have your CA license...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was an '11 grad. I managed to get a job right after school in the bay area. I found moving from out of state was overwhelming. However, it is totally possible.

You don't need to retake NAPLEX (thankfully!). Just transfer your score to CA. I'll be doing the same thing soon.

your answer about score transferring is in the Naplex bulletin

did you read the bulletin?

I've beeng getting conflicting information about the score transfer to California thus far.
Yes. I read the NAPLEX bulletin, but FAQs regarding score transfers are mostly geared toward states other than California.
I'm just going to take advice from EstherToCA and request a NAPLEX score transfer through NABP. Thanks so much for your help.