NAPLEX study materials question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThinkFast007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Long time lurker on here. I'm using a friend of mine's account to post this.

I am about to graduate from pharm school. I will have about ~1-2 months to study for the NAPLEX. Is kaplan the way to go? Unfortunately, because of when I graduate it's not in sync with when the Kaplan Live Lectures are offered. As a result does anyone know of anyway to get one's hands on these lectures? Are there DVDs out there? can you rent them from Kaplan,etc?

Also are the Kaplan Lecture notes and Kaplan Qbank adequate (ie if I didnt go to the live lecture). My school does offer a 'review' class which I intend to attend.

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

ThinkFast007 said:
Hi there

Long time lurker on here. I'm using a friend of mine's account to post this.

I am about to graduate from pharm school. I will have about ~1-2 months to study for the NAPLEX. Is kaplan the way to go? Unfortunately, because of when I graduate it's not in sync with when the Kaplan Live Lectures are offered. As a result does anyone know of anyway to get one's hands on these lectures? Are there DVDs out there? can you rent them from Kaplan,etc?

Also are the Kaplan Lecture notes and Kaplan Qbank adequate (ie if I didnt go to the live lecture). My school does offer a 'review' class which I intend to attend.

Thanks for your help.

Honestly, I took the exam and guessed on all the math ( it wasn't what KAPLAN told me it was going to be or at least my test anyway) and past with a triple digit score. I would think that you are going to have to do extremely bad to fail the exam. I have only known one person to fail it.

I would say your best bet is too familiarize yourself with the test format. Most questions are profile based, meaning you will see a patients current profile which includes medications and labs. The questions they will ask you are not necessarily hard per se if you paid attention in class. They seem to test mainly surface level stuff (i.e. patient is on lisinopril but experiences a swelling of the face what is an appropriate subsitution). That is kind of stuff they ask.

Make sure you know brand names. I cannot stress this enough. This includes home testing supply kits, peak flow meters, etc. Most of your questions will require you to know the brand name which is odd because we learn generics only in pharmacy school for the most part. Also know what medications/OTC's interact with home test kits (i.e. ascorbic acid/red meat for EZ DETECT).

I had no kinetics questions nor did anyone I know taking the exam. I had one on sterilization techniques but it was easy. Outside of that, I don't think this is something you should beat yourself up over. You graduated and that probably is enough to pass the NAPLEX. The law, now that is another store because the questions are just straight up stupid....

Hi can you answer this question for me?

How do you calculate this...

what is the smallest number of samples to prove a 5% reduction?

thank you in advance