NAPLEX studying, feeling exhausted and unsure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hello!
Sorry this is long but I am a ball of nerves right now looking for advice!
So I'm not sure why but it is taking me a long time to get through the RxPrep book, I mean weeks and weeks (and weeks). I think maybe I am focusing too much on details? I understand the content but spend so much time on it. For 5 weeks I was studying about 4 hours/day and now I am working full-time so maybe 2 hours/day if I am lucky. I can't say I used my clinical knowledge a lot on rotations due to light (non-clinical) schedule towards the end of rotations but I have a solid GPA but just feel like I am not grasping the fine details. I am getting really frustrated and increasingly nervous as time goes on. I am starting residency soon so I think I am trying to overcompensate because I am understandably nervous going into that feeling like I have to know everything.

Does anyone have any reassurance or advice on studying?! I am currently getting ~low 70's on quizzes after reading the chapter then ~80-90's after retaking the quiz maybe a week later for reference.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!
Sorry this is long but I am a ball of nerves right now looking for advice!
So I'm not sure why but it is taking me a long time to get through the RxPrep book, I mean weeks and weeks (and weeks). I think maybe I am focusing too much on details? I understand the content but spend so much time on it. For 5 weeks I was studying about 4 hours/day and now I am working full-time so maybe 2 hours/day if I am lucky. I can't say I used my clinical knowledge a lot on rotations due to light (non-clinical) schedule towards the end of rotations but I have a solid GPA but just feel like I am not grasping the fine details. I am getting really frustrated and increasingly nervous as time goes on. I am starting residency soon so I think I am trying to overcompensate because I am understandably nervous going into that feeling like I have to know everything.

Does anyone have any reassurance or advice on studying?! I am currently getting ~low 70's on quizzes after reading the chapter then ~80-90's after retaking the quiz maybe a week later for reference.
I just read Rxprep, treatment guidelines and did the Rxprep practice questions for each clinical portion, I got 80s on most of them except for some of them. I’d d it a second time to get 80 and 90sI also spent one or two hours per night on calculations. Make sure you spend some time on calculations. I would study both. I did not cover everything, but luckily I had a a lot of questions on things I did cover. Don’t be nervous, you were able to get a residency. You are much smarter than me and I did pass on the first try. And don’t over think this exam.

MPJE is the one that is tough and tricky and not so straightforward. For that exam, read Rxprep, borrow study guides or create your own study guide, get the Guide to Federal law, study states laws and DEA manual. Hope this helps!

And for the NAPLEX check and see if your school offers a review course.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was your score on the pre naplex? That will give you a strong indication of your status.