naplex today--anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juicy5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
took naplex today but i don;t feel good about it.
after walking out from the testing center i realized that i missed alot of questions that i already know (even the easy questions) i guess i was really nervous and could not focus on the test

i had about 20 calculations, of those i couldnt solve 2-3 dilutions questions..hard..
questions were random..on DM, Asthma, AntiCoag, Thyroid, Depression, Insomnia, CVD, IBS, HIV, Cancer, COPD, Arrythmia, Overactive Bladder, Allergy, ID, Herbal, OTCs, Statistics, Vaccines, Smoking Cessation, Compounding, Sterile, Drug interactions, MOAs, Some max doses, dosage forms, brand/generic..etc..

im sure there was more topics but can not remember the rest..

i kept remembering what i missed and finding out more questions that i missed....its hard to wait till next week to get my result.
Im so mad at myself that i missed those i already know. I really dont know what happen to me during the test.
What is the change of getting minimum score, 75??
my pre-naplex score was 99..i know they are not related each other....iam so sad

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congratulations on finishing it! I'm taking mine on Thursday and will sure feel the same way (or worse) afterwards. By the way, did you have a lot on fill-in-the-blank calculation questions? Those worry me the most. Thanks!

after walking out from the testing center i realized that i missed alot of questions that i already know (even the easy questions) i guess i was really nervous and could not focus on the test

i had about 20 calculations, of those i couldnt solve 2-3 dilutions questions..hard..
questions were random..on DM, Asthma, AntiCoag, Thyroid, Depression, Insomnia, CVD, IBS, HIV, Cancer, COPD, Arrythmia, Overactive Bladder, Allergy, ID, Herbal, OTCs, Statistics, Vaccines, Smoking Cessation, Compounding, Sterile, Drug interactions, MOAs, Some max doses, dosage forms, brand/generic..etc..

i kept remembering what i missed and finding out more questions that i missed....its hard to wait till next week to get my result.
Im so mad at myself that i missed those i already know. I really dont know what happen to me during the test.
my pre-naplex score was 99..i know they are not related each other....iam so sad

Its a macro test... you are supposed to miss a bunch. Wait for the results...

Spend this time relaxing at the beach or chilling. If you have to study for the MPJE still, take a day or two off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just relax. Almost everybody I know walked out of either the NAPLEX or the MPJE (or both) thinking they failed, and no one did. I'm sure you did fine. :luck:

i am probably the least confident test taker, all through school i went into exams being told by friends that i easily knew more, but i consistently got lower grades.

i felt like crapy after naplex, and kept thinking of only the ones i got wrong etc.

but in the end i just got my passing email! even got a decent score.

the fact of the matter is if you made it through 6 years of pharmacy school, you can pass naplex, its all in there somewhere.

i am probably the least confident test taker, all through school i went into exams being told by friends that i easily knew more, but i consistently got lower grades.

i felt like crapy after naplex, and kept thinking of only the ones i got wrong etc.

but in the end i just got my passing email! even got a decent score.

the fact of the matter is if you made it through 6 years of pharmacy school, you can pass naplex, its all in there somewhere.

how many u thought u missed after finish the exam???? i really missed a bunch including calculations...

how many u thought u missed after finish the exam???? i really missed a bunch including calculations...

Just took my Naplex today and my feeling is exactly what killerpenguin21 said. I cannot stop thinking about the questions I missed. I thinks that has to do with the fact that I knew right there in the exam room that I would miss them and the thought linger with me. Even worse, when I think about them too much, I start doubting the ones that I was sure I got right. Oh well, there is nothing we can do but worry and wait :laugh:

My experience is very similar to yours, other than I was stupid and didn't prepare as I should have done. My pre-naplex was 89 right before I stated studying and that added to my already overflowing confidence. NAPLEX reduced me to peanut size when I finished. I didn't know it can be that hard. How do over 90% of us pass 1st time?

It is nerve-wracking waiting for the result. I'll be praying for you. Please pray for me too.

i barely passed my pre-nap but thank god i passed naplex with 15 points over the passing score. i know i missed tons of calculations and felt worse days after the exam....good luck to yall

My experience is very similar to yours, other than I was stupid and didn't prepare as I should have done. My pre-naplex was 89 right before I stated studying and that added to my already overflowing confidence. NAPLEX reduced me to peanut size when I finished. I didn't know it can be that hard. How do over 90% of us pass 1st time?

It is nerve-wracking waiting for the result. I'll be praying for you. Please pray for me too.

Members don't see this ad :)
i barely passed my pre-nap but thank god i passed naplex with 15 points over the passing score. i know i missed tons of calculations and felt worse days after the exam....good luck to yall

Congrats!

Any 'pass' news are like Prozac and Valium to me right now.

Congratulations juicy5! Must be a great feeling to finally know your result!

Relax..Wait for your results, as long as you finished the exam you s/b ok.
Everyone should finish this exam or the examiners do not think you used your time wisely.:)

Coolbuddy06,

Congratulations! I just hope I can celebrate as well after the 20th, I'm trying to keep my cool. That must be an awesome feeling!

I passed! Wooohooo!

Thats great news ! You got ur results in the mail already or you know becuz ur still on the TX intern list? Im still waiting but im out of town right now hopefully when I get back my results will be waiting for me in da mailbox. Im still on the intern list as of to day and I took my exam on the 24th of Aug almost 3 weeks. I really hope I passed cant deal with the Naplex stress anymore !!!

Thats great news ! You got ur results in the mail already or you know becuz ur still on the TX intern list? Im still waiting but im out of town right now hopefully when I get back my results will be waiting for me in da mailbox. Im still on the intern list as of to day and I took my exam on the 24th of Aug almost 3 weeks. I really hope I passed cant deal with the Naplex stress anymore !!!

Took MPJE and NAPLEX three days apart between 8/26 and 8/31. My name disappeared on intern list at 5:59 on 9/10 and appeared on pharmacist list at 0600 same day! I know because once I wake up, I start refreshing Board website on my phone every minute and I do that throughout the day! No kidding! I still haven't received my score in the mail yet.

If you haven't taken the 2nd exam you will be on the intern list until you do, unless you failed. But I can bet my 401k on it that you passed the exam you took on 8/24. If not, your name will be off the intern list since the following Monday (8/30).

Last edited: