National Board exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tam

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm preparing for my Part One Board exams and I'm greatly confused on how to start studying!! Are the Decks&prev.Exams enough to pass or should I study from Sources?Knowing that sources could take alot of time to study.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Tam,

I am dental student about to begin the first year. However, I feel I can give you some information. From what I have heard, it is easy to pass if you stick to the dental decks. But, if you are shooting for a high score for a specialty, I would recommend talking to a Kaplan organization near-by for their study materials. I see going back to your original texts as futile and time-consuming. They are good for questions you cannot answer on the dental decks. Hope I helped. Tell me how it goes.

Sterichind

Thanks for your reply,I think I'll take ur advice .But where can I get hold of a person familiar with Kaplan study material?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Tam,

If you want to get the Kaplan materials, call up their organization at 1-800-KAP-TEST or go to their website at www.kaplan.com. I am sure a money hungry group such as theirs will be willing to sell you their materials. You may even be able find someone on e-bay to sell you the materials. However, this is highly unlikely. I barely see sales for dental decks, but it is worth a try. GOOD LUCK! :)

tam
i successfully took the part one a year ago.
i completly agree the previous messages that have been posted. dental deck are great but get the most recent ones that you can some the old ones have incorrect information them. if need old exams they are availble on the asda website. if im not mistaken the exam is in a couple of weeks i hope that you are not just getting started.
any way good luck.

Hello Tam,

Yes! The above post is correct. The ASDA releases past exams from all the way back to the 1980's. There is nothing like practicing with old exams. I am not sure about that exact website for the ASDA but do a search. I'm sure you will find them. They are the American Student Dental Association. Hope this helps! I believe the exam is July 9th. Good Luck!

Hello,

I passed the National Board part 1 with high scores and used Kaplan. I was also very lost on how to start... I have Kaplan books and and old tests from ADA. I also have the material for part 2. If you need them email me at [email protected]. Actually currently I am looking for patients for the clinical exam for California and Hawaii. If anyone knows a good way to find them let me know!