National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentSwag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping some practicing dentists or students in dental school could comment on the National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program. As a person who is interested in working with underserved populations, this opportunity sounds great, but hearing from people who have first-hand experience in the program would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a student who has the scholarship, so I can try and answer some questions.

I'm currently a student who has the scholarship, so I can try and answer some questions.
Thank you! First off, does the Corps allow much decision on where you practice post-graduation?

Members don't see this ad :)
They just require you practice at a site with a HPSA score of 16 or so. Besides that you can apply anywhere you want within that parameter like you would any other job. Here's a job site you can play around with to see what's available.

https://nhscjobs.hrsa.gov/external/search/index.seam

Reactions: 1 user
I'm starting school fall 2017 and this looks like a great program. Looking at the website you have to do some searching but you can find dates, etc. You can't turn anything in yet for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile