National Health Service Corps Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wistarrat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any other pre-allopaths thinking about applying for the NHSC scholarship prior to matriculation? There's so much information regarding this scholarship in the archives, but I was hoping to build a current SDN support group.

My main worry is the possibility of not having an acceptance in hand prior to the march deadline. :scared:

Also, I'm sure most of us will have taken out loans prior to the November notification. sigh. We, allopaths, seem to be at a disadvantage for receiving this: the 300-something scholarships go to mostly DOs, but also dentists, family nurse practitioners, and midwives.

http://nhsc.bhpr.hrsa.gov/

Anyone else out there wondering about this scholarship and/or have any insightful info?

Members don't see this ad.

wistarrat said:
Are there any other pre-allopaths thinking about applying for the NHSC scholarship prior to matriculation? There's so much information regarding this scholarship in the archives, but I was hoping to build a current SDN support group.

My main worry is the possibility of not having an acceptance in hand prior to the march deadline. :scared:

Also, I'm sure most of us will have taken out loans prior to the November notification. sigh. We, allopaths, seem to be at a disadvantage for receiving this: the 300-something scholarships go to mostly DOs, but also dentists, family nurse practitioners, and midwives.

http://nhsc.bhpr.hrsa.gov/

Anyone else out there wondering about this scholarship and/or have any insightful info?

I'm most likely going to apply. I called them a month ago asking when the applications would be sent out and they said "soon". Not very helpful. I think the notifications come out in August or Sept., you just get the money in Nov.

I was very interested in this scholarship but really can't adhere to the location requirements due to family. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying. What are the location requirements. I noticed many places in Chicago, Denver and other major cities. Was I missing something?

I called and asked them about this. Although there are several places all over the country, you cannot choose a location. So, it's possible you could be placed somewhere you have no interest in. I tried to find out how frequently this happens but couldn't get a straight answer. It seems you can ask for a certain area but there are no guarantees.

This just wouldn't work for me as I will need to stay in or near Cleveland 'til my husband gets tenure.