Quantcast

National Health Service Corps

Clinical Shadowing Summer '22 Programs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jenuine

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what you all have heard about the National Health Service Corp's Scholarship program. I have a pretty good idea of the pros and cons of such a program from reading their website rather critically, but I'm wondering if someone has had some firsthand experience with them....or if anyone knows about any major hidden drawbacks to the committment??

Jenuine

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
no one's heard ANYTHING!??!:laugh:

LP1CW

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, do a search there are tons of stuff and also on the financial aid forum you'll find stuff. It seems like a good deal. Check it out and good luck.

voltron77

4th year Medical Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You're looking in the wrong SDN forum. Go to the financial aid forum and you'll find so much information!!! Good luck!!! :D

Jillianrae

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you're interested in rural medicine, then the national health service corps program is great. The downside, if you decide during your years in medical school that you want to do a non-primary care speciality, you have to pay back three times the amount they have shelled out for you. Unless you're absolutely sure, you're better off going HPSP (military) or looking into a loan payback program once you're out. Hope this helps.

-Jillian Rae

P.S.

You can download the application bulletin from the NHSC website. I don't remember the URL, but do a search on google, and you should be able to find it.