National Honor Society-->extracurricular or honors section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlee1986

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm not sure where i should put my involvement in golden key international honor society. after joining it this past fall, i haven't had much involvement in it, so i was wondering if i should put it as an extracurricular (since it is a club) or if i should put it in my honors/scholarships section of my aadsas app. has anyone had any experience with this? thank you in advance for your help!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

That is a tough call since you have not been involved I would not put it in extracirrcular, because they ask for an explanation for what you did. It could be considered in the honors,awards section as well I believe. Since you do have to be in the top 15% of juniors/seniors. From my exper. I put it in the extracurrcuilar since I was a service director and participated in other events regularly.... My advice if you do put it down put it in the honors&awards section.

yea put it down as honors since you are not really involved.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone else get the award?
I think I did.

NHS?!?! haha that was the lamest club I've ever been in. Is this the HS version or have they ported it to a university now......

But in all seriousness....you gotta put all this lame stuff on there. And put it under whatever section is the weakest. Chances are, that's honors and awards. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where it is.