National match list comments

Pugnacious

Wife studies; I just surf
10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2006
Des Moines, Iowa
  1. Non-Student
I found the national match list here:

https://www.do-online.org/index.cfm...PageID=sir_matchresults&SubPageID=sir_postdoc

Would like to hear comments from SDN members about the list...

To whom does the AOA talk to in determining where and what to fund?

Notice this info on the physician tab:

The National Matching Services, Inc., which coordinates the osteopathic Match, reports that a total of 1,575 individuals participated in the 2007 Match out of 3 ,173 total osteopathic graduates. Approximately 40 percent of the osteopathic graduates matched into an osteopathic internship position; 181 did not match and 217 will serve in the military. The AOA intern/resident registration program includes 2,688 approved positions, and 2,189 funded positions, 925 of which were unfilled as of the February 12, 2007 match.

bravotwozero

Chronically ambitious
15+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2004
Houston
  1. Attending Physician
While we're on the subject, how much does it cost to fund a residency spot, or clinical rotation? I'm sure at least some schools could afford to fund it themselves, especially when you take schools like AZCOM, that earn almost 40k tuition from each student. That's serious dough right there.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.