National Student Research Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHodges

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This Forum is held on the campus of The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas, from Thursday, April 24 to Saturday, April 26, 2008. Application materials and rules for participation can be found on our website: http://www.utmb.edu/nsrf/default.htm.

The National Student Research Forum is a meeting for the presentation of research by medical students, residents, and graduate students in the biomedical sciences. Papers may include research in the basic or clinical sciences, on work that is completed or in progress, but that has not been published prior to abstract submission. Participants may present their research in either oral or poster sessions. For those who desire to compete for awards, additional rules are explained in a later section.
The NSRF offers an excellent opportunity for participants to receive review and recognition of their research efforts by their peers and by established scientists. Primary funding for the meeting is provided by the American Medical Association Foundation and The University of Texas Medical Branch. Presentation of research will begin the morning of Thursday, April 24, and continue through Friday, April 25. The Abreu Memorial Keynote Address will be given on Thursday, April 24 at 4:00 p.m. in William C. Levin Hall North Auditorium. The deadline for abstract submission is January 11th, 2008.

Over the past forty-eight years, the Forum has grown from a small regional meeting to a nationally respected assembly of young scientists. Last year, over 48 medical schools were represented, and approximately 145 papers were presented. The activities at UTMB, coupled with the recreational opportunities of historic Galveston Island, promise to make the 49th Annual National Student Research Forum more rewarding than ever. We hope to see you in April 2008!

Members don't see this ad.

I would be very much interested if there was a category for undergraduate researchers. I guess we'll have to stick to our undergraduate research conferences :D

I don't think you are limited to undergraduate research conferences necessarily. There are many big international meetings that accept abstracts from undergrads, although it depends on your field. The American Physiological Society, for example, offers undergraduate research fellowships in which they send you to the International Union of Physiological Sciences meeting. I went in 2004 and I think there were at least 30-40 other undergraduate students presenting. Good luck, and remember to look up the National Student Research Forum when you get to med/grad school! :D