Navy Family Medicine, Fort Belvoir

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panamera

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently making my rank list for my GME-1 application and am considering including Fort Belvoir on the list. Anyone have thoughts on this Family Medicine program compared to the other Navy sites? How's the program itself? What's the location like? Housing options? How many residents? etc.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I'm currently making my rank list for my GME-1 application and am considering including Fort Belvoir on the list. Anyone have thoughts on this Family Medicine program compared to the other Navy sites? How's the program itself? What's the location like? Housing options? How many residents? etc.

Thanks
Go to Jacksonville. It has the best program.

Go to Jacksonville. It has the best program.

The Jacksonville program has the most organized and detailed website from what I saw, and they were the best in getting a rotation set up in terms of promptness and ease. Will be rotating there next month to get a better idea of the program.

Any opinions on Camp Pendleton and Pensacola? Those are the other 2 programs I'm highly considering. Only have time to rotate at one or the other.

The Jacksonville program has the most organized and detailed website from what I saw, and they were the best in getting a rotation set up in terms of promptness and ease. Will be rotating there next month to get a better idea of the program.

Any opinions on Camp Pendleton and Pensacola? Those are the other 2 programs I'm highly considering. Only have time to rotate at one or the other.
Pensacola has a great program with wonderful staff; however, its the surrounding city that leaves much to be desired. When I visited, there was nothing but trailer parks and old broken down chevys as far as the eye could see. :D The school systems were terrible as well, unfortunatly. I have a few friends in the Pendelton program and they seem happy. Of course SoCal is a nice place to live except for the cost and traffic. You could get the Bachelor's autograph. ;) I've heard Bremerton is awesome.