1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Navy Family Medicine, Fort Belvoir

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by panamera, Jul 24, 2011.

1. panamera

Medical Student
    Hi all,

I'm currently making my rank list for my GME-1 application and am considering including Fort Belvoir on the list. Anyone have thoughts on this Family Medicine program compared to the other Navy sites? How's the program itself? What's the location like? Housing options? How many residents? etc.

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Kingfisher

Kingfisher Active contact
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Go to Jacksonville. It has the best program.

4. panamera

Medical Student
    The Jacksonville program has the most organized and detailed website from what I saw, and they were the best in getting a rotation set up in terms of promptness and ease. Will be rotating there next month to get a better idea of the program.

Any opinions on Camp Pendleton and Pensacola? Those are the other 2 programs I'm highly considering. Only have time to rotate at one or the other.

5. Kingfisher

Kingfisher Active contact
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Pensacola has a great program with wonderful staff; however, its the surrounding city that leaves much to be desired. When I visited, there was nothing but trailer parks and old broken down chevys as far as the eye could see. :D The school systems were terrible as well, unfortunatly. I have a few friends in the Pendelton program and they seem happy. Of course SoCal is a nice place to live except for the cost and traffic. You could get the Bachelor's autograph. ;) I've heard Bremerton is awesome.